Part 34

He was right

  He was right. She was getting stronger. She was still half asleep when she felt his need for her.

  He wasn't handling her being upset with him very well and before she was fully awake; she was turning towards him, her only thought of him and how much she loved him.

  His surprise was pushed away as he pulled her closer and lost himself in her arms. Her touch like a salve to his soul.

  Groaning, at the feel of her lips against his heated flesh, he urged her lips back to his then he reached for the hem of her shirt.

  He felt her own surprise which quickly became urgency as his hands sought to touch her in ways, he'd never touched her before. I love you.

  "I love you too. So much."

  Her own groan was full of frustration and regret. She slipped from his arms before he knew that was her intent.

  Shaking with need, he raised on his elbow. "I thought you didn't want me to stop."

  "I didn't." Without looking at him, she grabbed his shirt off the floor and put it on.

  She stopped him because thanks to him she now had visions of him and Kels in her head. They'd both been drunk, and he'd been removing her shirt.

  As soon as she left the room and shut the door behind her, he covered his head with a pillow and groan. You have to be fucking kidding me! Fate is an evil mother fucker.

 The saying is fate is an evil bitch.

  Growling, he threw the pillow. Bitch get out of my head.

  You're the one who put me in your head.

  Slamming that communication door, he gave himself time to cool down before he tried to talk to Paisley.

  Things were not going well. When it fucking rained it poured.

  He had to find a way to make up with his girl and he had to find a way to get rid of the bitch and her friends.

  And he damned well needed to get his mind straight so shit like this stopped happening, but fuck if he knew how to do that. Paisley was too much a part of him for him to keep secrets from her, and he was nowhere near close to ready to let her know everything there is to know about him.

  Add the fact that Mack was so close that she could invade in on his thoughts and it was no wonder he was losing his mind.

  Girl needed to learn how to handle rejection, and whatever her and her friends were selling, he didn't want any of it.

  For the first time in his life he was happy, and he'd be damn if he let them mess that up for him.

  As soon as he heard the shower turned off, he took a deep breath and tried to figure out what he could possibly say to make all this okay.

  He didn't think I love you and I'm sorry would cut it.

  Hearing her leave the bathroom and realizing she had no intentions of coming back to her room, he jumped up and reached for his jeans and was still trying to put them on when he hit the hallway.

  "You're up early." He felt her mom's surprise.

  "I know. I think I need a walk."

  She didn't sound pissed off, but he could imagine she was since she was trying her damnedest to keep him out of her head.

 When he skidded into the kitchen, only her mom looked his way. Paisley opened the icebox and was searching through it.

  Dougie's eyes widen. What did you do? She mouthed.

  "He snuck out last night to see a girl." Paisley answered without even looking up from the icebox. "Mom, we're out of orange juice. Can I have the last pineapple juice?"

  "Sure." The older woman's eyes were still wide as she thought the next question at him.

  "Her name is Mac. Though I think she spells it with a K. She's Jay's mate. Whatever that means. I'll pick more juice up on the way home today."

  "She's not______."

  Her eyes flashed with irritation as she finally looked his way. "You're at your quota for lies, don't you think? I'm walking to school."

  "You can't walk to______."

  "Yes, I can." She kissed her mom's cheek then grabbed a banana before facing him again. "If you know what's good for you, you'll let me walk to school."

  She let her eyes roam over his chest and arms, her appreciation clear but unable to compete with her anger. Her eyes were still narrowed as she kissed the dimple in his chin and left the room.