Part 14

  She took extra care as she dressed for dinner. Since her mom wore her red dress, she chose her black dress.

  It was one of her favorites, but she hardly ever got a chance to wear it since her and her mom never went to any of the fancy restaurants. Her mom didn't believe in wasting the money.

  The dress went on like a whisper and was off the shoulder.

  Jay had this thing about seeing her bare shoulders, so she planned on using that to her advantage. She spritzed her neck and shoulders with her strawberry body spray that had some shimmer to it. After she gave her hair a fluff she dug through her closet until she found her high heels.

 She hated these babies, but they gave her some extra height and made her legs look good.

  Since she knew Jay went home to get changed too, she took the extra time to put on some makeup, and she dug around until she found a pair of earrings. Usually earrings were a wear one-time thing for her because she could never manage to keep up with them. Luckily, she found a pair of silver hoops in her sock drawer. She also found five bucks and her student id in there.

  Standing in front of her mirror she felt pretty, and she hoped Jay would think so too. He'd never seen her dressed up before and she admitted to having an alternative motive. Until he agreed to her deal, she planned on playing fire with fire. Or whatever the saving was. A girl had to do what a girl had to do, and she wouldn't be the first with plans of seduction on her mind.

  When she came down the stairs, he gave her exactly the response she'd been hoping for. He looked her over twice. His eyes moving extra slow down the length of her neck and shoulders. His hormones jumped into overdrive.

  On the drive to the restaurant everything went south from there. Seeing her all dressed up was having the opposite effect on him.

  He was back to thinking he wasn't good enough for her.

  "I can't believe I missed Kels visit. I swear it's like she knows when we're not around. I know your mom wasn't too fond of her but what did you think of her?"

  Paisley lift an eyebrow her mother's way.

  The three of them were sitting in the back seat and Lisa was turned in her seat so she could talk to them.

  "I really liked her. Of course, I do. The only reason my mom doesn't is because Kels was testing me a bit and mom didn't like it."

  "I heard. I also heard that you handled it pretty well."

  "She put her in her place."

  "Mom. Remember, we like her."

  "Sure. If you say so."

  Rolling her eyes, she looked Jay's way.

  "Don't sweat it, Paisley. Most parents don't like her. She'd be pissed if your mom did like her."

  He was slouched in the seat staring out the window. His hands tucked into his pockets. That action spoke volumes.

  Normally she'd be upset at his mood, but she couldn't find it in her.

  His doubts no longer scared her. Once she might have been afraid he could walk away again, but not anymore. He couldn't leave her. Even drinking wouldn't be able to distance him from her.

  He was good and stuck with her. 

  She couldn't help the smile on her face. When his hand found hers, she gave it a squeeze.

  His mood wasn't any better, but he was letting her know that he was a hundred percent on board with being stuck with her.