3.2.1

Stiles, Scott and I walk down the sidewalk towards a party. Stiles was forcing me to go to this party, saying it would take my mind off everything and I might even be able to meet someone. I wasn't really in the mood though. "What?" Stiles suddenly asks. "What do you mean 'what'?" Scott asks confused as I nod.

"I mean 'what,' and you two know what." Stiles says. I shake my head at him. " 'What' what?" Scott asks, confusing me even more. "Those looks you were giving" He says. "We didn't give any looks" I tell him. "There was a distinct look, Madison." Stiles says. "What look?" Scott asks confused. "The look that says that the last thing you two feel like doing right now is going to a party." Stiles tells us. "Considering my circumstances, you're exactly right" I nod with a sigh, putting my hands in my pockets.

"It's not that. It just seems a little weird going to a different high school's party." Scott defends himself and I nod, agreeing with him. "What? Would you two...Oh, my God, one drink, all right? You'll be fine. I went to nursery school with this girl, okay? She promised to introduce us to all of her friends. So tonight, no Allison" He stops and looks at me as I frown. "No Lydia and no acting depressed. Tonight, we're moving on." Stiles gives us a pep talk. "You're right" Scott nods. "That's right, I'm right." He says. "Moving on" I sigh with a nod. "Onward and upward" Stiles tells us. "Let's do this." Scott nods. "That's what I'm talking about. No look me." Stiles tells Scott, holding up his hand. "Okay." Scott says, doing a little handshake with Stiles as I roll my eyes at the two. They're such dorks.

We make our way up to the house as I give myself a little pep talk. "How's my breath smell?" Scott suddenly asks. "I'm not smelling your breath." Stiles tells him. "Madi?" Scott asks me. "It's probably fine" I asure him. "Do you have any gum?" He asks us. "No. No gum. You're fine." Stiles says. "Can you at least tell us what kind of party this is?" Scott asks as we approach the door. "It's a birthday party" He tells us and I nod. We walk in to the house and look around.

People held red and blue solo cups through out the house, talking and dancing as music rang through out the party. "Stiles! Hey!" A blonde girl yells, walking towards us. "Hey! There's the birthday girl..." He gets cut off as she places her lips on his and his eyes widen as well as mine and Scott's. We give each other shocked looks. "So glad you made it." She says pulling away. "Me, too." He says in surprise. "Come downstairs with me and help pick out a bottle of wine." She tells him. "Yes." He nods and she grabs his hand as he turns back to us.

We stare after him in shock as she drags him away. Scott and I look at each other and smile. We walk over towards a black girl that was just talking to Stiles' friend. "Hey." Scott greets. She looks him up and down and gives him a look as he gives her a look of shock. She then looks me up and down and smiles a little. "Maybe we could talk later" She smiles and my jaw drops at her as she winks and walks away.

I turn to Scott, shocked and confused as he looks himself up and down before looking me up and down. I roll my eyes and sigh. "Come on." I tell him and take his hand, leading him through the party. I grab us some cups filled with, I don't even know and immediately down it. "Woah, what are you doing? Isn't your power fading? You might get drunk" He points out.

"Scott, my life has been horrible ever since the fire, okay? If I get a chance to just let loose and maybe even feel what it feels like to get drunk, I'm taking it. So please, just let me do this" I tell him and he nods in understanding. "No to mention my fucking ex is in town" I grumble grabbing another cup and taking a sip as Scott's eyes widen.

"Your ex?" Scott asks. I sigh. "Yes." I nod. "Who?" He asks. "You'll probably meet him soon" I tell him. He raises his eyebrow at me but decides not to ask any more questions. He was the one that always seemed to understand when I didn't want to talk about something, which I appreciated. I gulp down the rest of my drink and grab yet another one downing it as well. I take another cup and turn to Scott.