3.11.1

I wake up in Derek's bed. Cora was lying next to me. She kept gasping and coughing. I saw Derek sitting next to the bed, watching us with tears in his eyes. I decided to just lay there and be quiet. It was kind of hard to talk anyways. "They're dying, aren't they?" I hear Isaac ask. "I don't know." Derek admits. "So what are you gonna do?" Isaac questions him curiously.

"I don't know." Derek sighs. "Wanna figure something out? Because while Scott and Stiles were out there trying to help people from being killed, even Madi, you were in here rolling around the sheets with the actual killer. Do you get how many people she's killed? Erica and Boyd are dead, Cora and Madi are dying, and you are doing nothing!" Isaac snaps.

I could feel the guilt in Derek, I could feel the anger in Isaac. It was all filling up inside of me. "Why'd you do this to us, Derek? Was it all about the power? Were you bored? Were you lonely?" Isaac asks him. "Maybe." Derek answers. I hear Isaac start to walk away. "I told Cora and Madi I wouldn't leave. I'll help the others when I figure out how to help them." Derek informs Isaac.

"There's no time!" Isaac snaps. I hear him open up the loft door. "The full moon's coming. The sheriff and Melissa are gonna be dead, so I'm gonna try and help them. You can sit here and perfect the art of doing nothing." Isaac slams the door shut, leaving Derek. Noah was taken too? What was the next set of victims for the Darach? I feel so out of the loop.

I was about to let Derek know I was awake but stop when I hear another voice. "I wouldn't take it personally. Anger is just a tool. He's using it to excuse shifting allegiance from one Alpha to another. From you to Scott." Peter says. Scott? But Scott isn't an Alpha "Scott's not an Alpha yet." Derek sighs. Yet? I'm so confused right now. "But he's on his way, isn't he?" Peter asks. He is? Before I can do anything else, I pass out.

~~~

"I need a drink" I mumble once I wake up again. I hear someone rush towards me. "A drink?" Derek asks. I just slightly nod my head. He rushes to the kitchen and makes it back over to me. He helps me sit up and I drink some of the water out of the glass. I cough and cover my mouth. "How are you feeling?" He asks me worriedly. "I'll feel better when Cora does" I reassure him.

I lay back down and start to fall back asleep. Peter and Derek start talking and I start listening to them. "I've heard it's something only an Alpha can do. And with good reason." Peter says. "Which is?" Derek asks, slightly intrigued. "You know normal werewolves never abandon an injured member of the pack. They care for it. They bring it food from a kill and then regurgitate it into the mouth of the injured wolf. They even give it physical and emotional comfort by intensely grooming it."

"In a way, they can do more than just ease pain. They can be instrumental in healing their own." Peter explains. "If you're trying to tell me I can save them, just tell me." Derek demands. "I'm telling you I've heard it's possible." Peter tells him. "How?" Derek asks. "It's that spark of power that makes you an Alpha. When you take their pain, they draw on the power that provides you with those special gifts. The power that heightens your senses, your strength. The power that transforms your body. As an Alpha, you have that bit of extra, that spark that intensifies the color of your eyes from a bright yellow into a searing red. " Peter explains.

"If I can save them..." "If. If. I didn't say it works every time. It could just as easily kill you. And you can't do it on both. If I were you, I'd do it on Cora. Madison said it herself, she gets these wounds from everyone she cares about, and this is Cora's sickness that's affecting her." Peter brings up. "How do I do it? By taking her pain?" Derek asks. "And then some. Because there's a cost." Peter says.

As I'm listening to them, I feel an electric shock go through my body. I gasp and squirm in the bed, gaining their attention. "Madi, what is it?" Derek worries. "Someone was electrocuted" I explain once it stops. Peter and Derek both sigh. I star to feel really weak and fall asleep again.