3.3.2

Stiles and I walk into the hospital after getting a call from Melissa. We find Melissa looking through a file at the front counter and walk towards her. "Hey." She greets us. "Hey." "Hi" Stiles and I greet back. "Over here." She says, grabbing our arms and leading us down the hall. "And if either of you tell anyone that I showed you this, I swear to God, I will kill you painfully and slowly." Melissa warns us. "Thanks for the heads up" I nod.

"Why do you want to show us a body we've already seen?" Stiles asks curiously. "Because you haven't seen everything." She informs us as she leads us to a back room. There were two sheets draped over two dead bodies. It made me feel a little weirded out. I didn't even like seeing the body when I first saw it and now I have to check it out again? I didn't really want to.

We walk over to the first one and Melissa pulls back the sheet, revealing the body of the teenage boy we found at the pool. Well, Lydia found. Now that there wasn't blood covering him, you could actually see all the wounds. "See this around his neck? That's a ligature mark. That means that he was strangled with something, like cord, rope..." Melissa explains, pointing out the ligature mark on his neck that didn't look like his throat had been slashed out with werewolf claws.

"Ah, okay, wait a second. What kind of werewolf strangles someone? You know, that's not very werewolf-y." Stiles points out. "My thought exactly." Melissa nods. "And if it was a werewolf it definitely wasn't Cora and Boyd. They're too vicious right now to even look at anything without using their claws" I add and the two nod in agreement. "And then there's this." Melissa says, moving to the top edge of the table where his head was. She grabs it and moves it to the side as we see a hole in the side of his head with blood.

Stiles and I both look away in disgust. "God, man, what is that? Is that brain matter?" Stiles rhetorically asks. He looks again before looking away. "Yeah, it's brain matter, of course." Stiles sighs. "See the indentation?" Melissa asks us. "Unfortunately" I nod with a wince once I get another look at it. "He was hit in the back of the head, hard enough to kill him. In fact, any one of these things could have killed him. I mean, someone seriously wanted this poor kid dead." Melissa incredulously exclaims.

"All right, so then this really couldn't have been Boyd or Cora. So maybe this is just one murder. I mean, maybe it's just a random coincidence." Stiles starts to think. "I don't think it was just one." Melissa says. "How come?" Stiles asks. "Does it have something to do with that body over there?" I ask and Melissa nods as Stiles looks over like he only just realized there were two bodies. "That girl over there, she's got the exact same injuries." Melissa states.

Melissa walks towards the body and moves the sheet down. My eyes widen in recognition and I quickly look over at Stiles. Somehow I had a strong feeling of sadness and hurt coming from him. It actually was making me feel the same way. The girl was the girl he had kissed at the party. The girl he had said he had bubble baths with. The girl he's been worried about since he found out she was missing.

It was Heather. "The ME said this one wasn't just strangled. Whoever did it used a garrote, which is a stick that you put through the rope, and you just kind of keep twisting." Melissa explains as I watch tears well up in Stiles' eyes which for some reason causes tears to well up in mine. I quickly wipe my tears away. He had been backing up as Melissa continued to explain what happened to the poor girl.

I put my hand on his shoulder and give him a sympathetic look as he sniffles. "Stiles?" Melissa asks worriedly as she notices. I give her a look and motion for her that she should cover it up. "Oh, my God, did you know her?" Melissa quickly realizes. "I'm so sorry. I didn't even think." She apologizes, quickly covering her body up as I frown. "I was...I was at her party...with Scott and Madi. It was her birthday. Her name is Heather." Stiles explains, using his sleeve to wipe his tears as I squeeze his shoulder comfortingly.