3.5.2

Flashback

I try and catch my breath as I pace around the loft. I was having a panic attack. Everything was a blur and there were a bunch of distorted voices calling out to me but all I could do was think about everything that had just happened. I used to have panic attacks after the fire but Derek would always be the one to calm me down and make sure I was okay.

This time around though...he didn't help me. He couldn't help me. He was gone. Which was the reason I was having a panic attack. "Madi? Please, look at me?" Cora pleads, grabbing my shoulder, trying to get me to look. I shake my head as I continue to repeat the same thing over and over again. "Derek's dead. Derek's dead. Derek's dead." I repeat.

I hadn't even realized I was leaning my forehead against the window of the loft until I felt the freezing cold from the condensation on the window. "Madison! Madison, look at me!" Cora demands, shaking my shoulders, trying to get my attention. "Madi" I hear someone else say. It was a soft voice. A soothing voice. I was still breathing heavily though. "Madison" The same voice says again, this time closer and less distorted. My breathing gets slower as I feel a gentle touch on my shoulder.

I finally realize what was happening. I slowly step away from the window and look down at my hands. They were covered in blood from me stabbing my claws into them. The window had two bloody handprints on them from where my hands were. I turn around to find the loft filled. Peter was sat on the couch, Stiles, Scott and Isaac were stood near the door, Cora and Boyd were right beside me, trying to calm me down, but my eyes stayed on the one who calmed me. Allison was stood in front of me with a calm expression on her face.

My emotions run wild as reality really starts to set in. Derek, the one who cared for me all my life, the one who protected me, the one who even if I got mad at I would still go back to, was dead. And it was all my fault. I break down and Allison brings me into a hug, trying to comfort me.

The next morning I lay in my bed, staring at the ceiling. I had just woken up from a phone call. Stiles and Scott were on their way. After the events from last night, everyone thought it was best I went to bed. It didn't take long for me to. I was covered in wounds and extremely tired. They thought for sure I would heal by morning. But here I was now, still covered in scratches and in a lot of pain. I felt weak and I didn't even want to get up.

I force myself to get up, knowing I would get scolded by the two boys if I wasn't ready by the time they arrived. I painfully walk into the bathroom and I start to strip. I look at myself in the mirror. My eyes had bags under them and I looked very pale. I didn't even need to look into the mirror to know I looked like wreck. I get in the shower and turn it to the coldest temperature. I groan and whimper throughout the whole shower.

After my shower I get dressed in a pair of black sweatpants, a plain maroon shirt and my favorite navy blue hoodie over top of it. I brush my hair and my teeth and put on deodorant and collapse on to my bed. I close my eyes, wanting more sleep but I get interrupted as Scott and Stiles burst through my door. "Oh, good. I thought we would have to resort to plan B" Stiles sighs in relief.

"How are you feeling?" Scott asks. "I'm feeling a lot of things" I answer. "How about your wounds? Did they heal?" He asks me. I look up at them and shake my head. "No?" Stiles asks worriedly and I shake my head. "None of them did. Because most of my wounds are from Derek" I explain sadly. "Well, come on. We have a cross-country meet to get to. I don't want to lose you too after Coach gets his hands on you for missing the meet" Scott says, helping me up as I groan. This was gonna be a long day.

~~~

I had no clue how long I was out for. I do remember at one point hearing a lot of whistles being blown which made me want to rip my ears off and then screams but I was too out of it. I slowly open my eyes and see I'm sitting on the floor leaning against a wall in a bathroom with Scott right beside me and Stiles, Allison and Lydia talking in a little circle.