3.9.1

Scott and I pull up on our motorcycles in front of the school with Stiles right behind us in his Jeep. I quickly take off my helmet and climb off as Stiles jumps out of his Jeep. "Where is she?" Stiles quickly asks. "Lydia?" I call out. "Over here." Allison announces. Scott, Stiles and I all make our way towards Allison and Lydia. "Lydia?" Stiles asks. "It's the same thing. Same thing as the pool. I got into the car heading somewhere totally different, and ended up here. And you told me to call you if there's a dead body." Lydia explains.

"Not told but yelled" I correct her. "You found a dead body?" Stiles asks, ignoring my comment. "Not yet." Lydia says. " 'Not yet'? What do you mean 'not yet'? Lydia, you're supposed to call us after you find the dead body." Stiles says. I look around trying to find any sign when my eyes land on the school sign. Get it? Sign? Anyways, there it was. The dead body. It was the girl cop that had told me to freeze when I was at the clinic looking for Deaton. The two continue to argue as I hit Scott to get his attention.

He looks over at me as I point towards the sign. His eyes widen as he sees it. "Guys. Madi found the dead body." Scott says, cutting off their argument. "Oh, my God. That's a lot of blood" I state in disgust quickly looking away. "Why? Why always me?" I start complaining. Another person was dead and it wasn't a healer. The Darach has started on it's next set of victims.

~~~

I walk into my English class with Lydia, making sure to give Ms. Blake a look of disgust. I never liked her from the start and to hear that Derek and her have a thing going on was just beyond crazy. I sit down in my seat and wait for class to start as Lydia starts drawing in her notebook. "Idioms, analogies, metaphors, and similes, all tools the writer uses to tell their story." Ms. Blake starts off as she walks through her class.

She stops right in between Lydia and I and I lean away from her. "Lydia, I wasn't aware you had so many hidden talents." Ms. Blake comments. I glance over at Lydia's drawing and see a picture of a tree. It did look pretty good. "You and every guy I've ever dated." Lydia smiles up at her before winking at me. I chuckle and raise an eyebrow at her.

"Well, that was an idiom, by the way." Ms. Blake informs her awkwardly. She starts walking again, continuing with her lesson. "Idioms are something of a secret to the people who know the language or the culture." She stops and looks between Scott, Stiles and I. I raise an eyebrow at her confused. "They're phrases that only make sense if you know key words. Saying 'jump the gun' is meaningful only if you know about the starting gun in a race, or a phrase like 'seeing the whole board'." She explains.

"Like chess." Stiles says. "That's right, Stiles. Do you play?" Ms. Blake asks him curiously. "Oh, no, My father does." Stiles says and she smiles. "Now, when does an idiom become a cliché?" Ms. Blake asks, walking away. Scott leans closer to Stiles and starts whispering things to him. They turn to look at Lydia and I and I look between the two confused. "What now?" Lydia sighs. "We need you to get Aiden away from Ethan." He turns to me, "And we need you to get Ethan to talk to us" Scott explains. "Nuh-uh. No way. Not happening" I quickly deny as Lydia just shrugs.

"Please, Madi? It's important." Stiles begs. "I'm not talking to him. End of story" I tell them. "Why not?" Stiles complains. "First of all, we have history. Second of all, just the other day he killed Boyd which really hurt me. I still feel the emptiness inside of me" I tell them. "We need to talk to Ethan to ask if the Darach was an emissary for the Alphas and he won't talk to us" Scott tells me. "I'm...not...doing...it" I deny.

~~~

I slam the locker shut with a sigh. "We need to talk to you" I say. Ethan turns to me with a smirk. "You want to talk to me?" He asks in surprise. "Oh, get over it. Scott and Stiles want to talk to you. They just sent me to do it because they couldn't do it them fucking selves" I say.