3.16.2

I lean against the locker beside Lydia's locker as she gets her books out. We didn't have first period together but I could care less. "What are you doing?" She asks. "Nothing. Just waiting for you" I sigh nonchalantly. "We don't have class together" She points out in amusement. "I know" I shrug. She gives me a smirk as she pauses to look at me. "Did you need to ask me something?" She wonders curiously.

"Maybe" I shrug. "Okay..." She says. "Well, you see, Danny was just telling me about a party he was planning on throwing and I was just wondering if...maybe you'd want to go with me?" I ask hopefully. She turns to fully look at me, contemplating the question. I bite my lip, waiting for her response. "I'll think about it" She tells me. "I'll take whatever I can get" I smirk.

She smirks back, before shutting her locker. She walks away glancing back at me from over her shoulder before disappearing. I sigh and turn to start heading to class when I spot Allison. I couldn't remember the last time I even talked to her. I suddenly get this feeling in my chest as I watch her. Guilt. Here I was flirting with Lydia when I still had feelings for her. I'm not sure if they were reciprocated but damn did I still have feelings as I watched her walk down the hallway while talking with Isaac. I bite my lip before shaking my head.

She seemed to be spending a lot of time with Isaac though. So, maybe it wasn't that bad that I was flirting with Lydia. Because that means, we both might have moved on. Might have. She catches my eye and sends a warm smile my way as her and Isaac walk by. I watch after her before sighing. Now I was just confused.

~~~

I start putting my books away as Aiden comes up beside my locker with that obnoxious smirk of his. I give him a look, hoping he'd get the hint and leave me alone but his smirk just widens. "What the hell do you want?" I sigh. "Well...our friend Danny is having a little bit of trouble" Aiden starts off. "Our. You're friends with Danny?" I scoff. "Well, considering he dated Ethan, yes" He nods and I roll my eyes.

"Okay, and what do you need me for?" I ask. "Well, he needs a new place for his party which I know you were planning on going to..." He trails off. "Yeah, again, what do I have to do with any of this?" I ask. "I was wondering if we could throw it at your place" He finishes. "Throw a party at my loft? Yeah, right" I laugh.

"Come on, Madison. Please?" he begs. I slam my locker, a little louder than I wanted to, gaining some of the other students attention. "Why would I help you?" I ask. "No, not me. Danny. This is Danny's party, remember?" He points out. "Yeah, but it seems like I'm helping you as well. Which is definitely never going to happen" I tell him. "Can you please just do it. Danny really needs this" Aiden pleads.

My mind wanders back to Derek. Imagine how he'd react to this. Throwing a party at the loft. He'd kill me. Literally. He'd never agree to it. But then again, he doesn't have to know. I could get him to go out for the night. Tell him we need groceries or Halloween candy. It would be helping Danny as well and Danny has definitely been a life saver when I needed him to be. "Fine. But this is for Danny's sake. Not yours." I tell him and he smirks at me. "Thanks, Madi" he says. "Yeah, now the get the hell out of here" I tell him and he walks away as I sigh. Derek was gonna kill me for this.

~~~

Derek puts on his leather jacket and grabs his car keys. "Thanks, Der" I smile appreciatively at him as he turns back to look at me. "Yeah, whatever" He sighs, before leaving. "Don't forget to get extra candy!" I call after him. I get out my phone and call Danny to come over so we could set up. He arrives as well as Ethan and Aiden and we all start setting up the black light party.

"You've got a cool place, Madi. You should invite me over more often to hang out" Danny comments walking up beside Ethan and I. "Thanks. I definitely should" I smile as we watch Aiden rev up the generator on the balcony. He gives us a thumbs up once it's on and Ethan walks over to one of the black lights on the wall and turns it on. It shines onto Danny lighting up his shirt and he smiles looking around. "Oh, yeah." he nods.