3.20.1

I lay in my hospital bed, watching tv since the nurses and Melissa wouldn't let me leave since I still had burn marks on me and was in pain. That didn't mean I wanted to stay in here though. Is this how Peter felt when he was like this? I just wished Derek could come and visit me but thanks to the Nogitsune, he's stuck in jail. There's a knock on my door and I call out for them to come in. Stiles walks in with a sad smile and my eyes widen.

I shoot up but immediately regret it. I lay back down with a wince. "Stiles?" I ask hesitantly. "Yeah, Madi. It's me" He tells me. I try and search his eyes to see if he was actually telling the truth or not but all I saw was sincerity. I could tell it was him. "How are you?" I ask him. He just shrugs and takes a seat beside my bed. "That needle Deaton stuck in my neck. It was filled with something called Letharia vulpina? He said something about it-" "Poisoning wolves and foxes. So he put it in you to poison the Nogitsune. Smart" I nod.

He gives me a confused look. "He said it was grown from the blood of a Nogitsune" Stiles says. I nod at him. "I've heard stories." I tell him and he nods. He rubs the back of his neck, a nervous habit he usually does or when he's stressed. "What?" I ask. He lets out a sigh. "I don't want to hurt anymore people. This poison won't last long. I put both you and Isaac in the hospital, I shot Coach in the stomach, I caused the death of a deputy, I twisted a knife in Scott's stomach" He starts listing off. "No, Stiles. No you didn't. That was the Nogitsune, remember? He did all those awful things. You didn't do anything" I deny.

"It doesn't matter, Madi, because the Nogitsune is in my body and he's using my body to do those things. So...I've decided to go to Eichen House" He tells me. My eyes widen in shock at him. "No way! You can't go in there! That's where all the nut jobs go! You remember Barrow? That's where he went." I start saying but he shakes his head at me. "Madi, please. Don't make it harder on me. I've already decided. My dad is taking me tomorrow" He informs me. I bite my lip nervously and sink back into my bed, playing with the sheet.

"Have you told Scott yet?" I wonder without looking at him. "No" He sighs. I look up at him. "And I'm not planning on it" He says. "Why not?" I ask. "Because I know how he's gonna react. So, if I don't tell him, he won't freak out." He shrugs. "You're gonna regret that, you know? He's your best friend. He'll figure it out eventually." I tell him and he sighs again. "I know" He nods. We sit in silence for a few minutes, both in our own thoughts with the tv still playing in the background. "Just do me a favor? Take care of him" Stiles suddenly says.

I look over at him. "Scott?" I ask. "My dad. I know he's an adult but, we rely on each other. I know how this is affecting him." He explains. "Of course. He's basically my father too" I smile at him. Stiles nods and smiles as well. "Okay, can we stop with the sad stuff now? Watch some tv with me?" I ask. He nods and smiles. I sit up and pat the spot beside me and he climbs on the bed so we can watch tv together.

~~~

I open up the loft door with a sigh. I walk straight to Derek's bed and plop down with a groan. I was just so exhausted. If you were wondering, I convinced Melissa to let me go. It took a lot of convincing but now I was out of that place. I hated the hospital. It just never sat well with me. Especially the needles part. But for some reason, I was constantly in it. Which is why later, if he isn't busy, I need to go talk to Deaton about controlling my power.

I remember him saying something about me being able to get it under control and actually being able to help other people. Which is always what I want to do. "You're back early" I hear someone say behind me. It was Peter. I roll my eyes at the voice. "You didn't actually expect me to stay in that hell hole, did you?" I ask, rolling over to face him. He just shakes his head at me.

"What are you doing here anyways? Don't you have your own apartment to go to? Or was it an underground network of caves you live in?" I ask with a raised eyebrow, sitting up. "Yes, well, I figured my lovely niece would come back in a couple days and I didn't want her to be lonely" Peter says and I roll my eyes once again. "I can asure you, I'm fine. And if I did feel lonely, I definitely wouldn't come to you" I tell him and he smirks at me.