3.23.2

All four of us rush into Scott's front door, only to find Rafael McCall stood there, with Isaac sitting in a chair. They both turn to look at us. "What are you doing here?" Scott wonders. "I could ask you the same thing" Rafael retorts. "Free period. We're doing group study." Stiles makes up. Scott and I nod in agreement. Rafael looks between all of us before looking at Meredith.

"Who's she?" He questions. Stiles glances at Scott and I. "Uh..." "It's Stiles' girlfriend" I blurt out. "Right! My girlfriend" Stiles says, putting his arm around her shoulders. She looks over at him in disgust. "You're not my type" She tells him, backing away slightly. "Well, obviously we have a lot to talk about. We should maybe take this upstairs" Stiles sighs.

"He's my type" Meredith suddenly says, smiling over at Isaac. Isaac's eyes widen in shock as we all look between each other. "Well, I guess she moved on pretty quickly. Come on, let's go study" I say, grabbing Meredith and leading her into the living room and up the stairs as Isaac and Stiles follow while Rafael and Scott talk.

We sit Meredith down on the edge of Scott's bed and stand in front of the Banshee. "Okay, we're gonna ask this again, Meredith. Where is Lydia?" Stiles repeats. "Lydia? You mean the red-haired girl" Meredith says. "Yes! Yes! Good." Stiles says. "Actually it's strawberry blonde..." I pause as I see the other two giving me a look. "But it's close enough" I add, waving it off.

"Progress. Now, all you got to do is tell us where she is." Stiles adds. "Okay." Meredith nods. We wait for her to tell us. "If she tells me" She adds. "If she tells you?" Stiles deadpans, looking between Isaac and I. "Can you ask her?" Isaac questions. A smile appears on Meredith's face. "I already did" She says giddily. "You did? That's great? Where is she?" I ask, putting on a smile.

"She said...." We wait expectantly for her to answer. "She doesn't want to be found" "That's good too. Okay." Stiles sighs. We move over to the bathroom to discuss a new plan. Isaac explains to us his plan. "I'm just saying" Isaac shrugs after Stiles denies it. "Isaac, we're not going to torture her." Stiles scolds him. "I meant scare her." Isaac corrects. "We're not going to psychologically torture her either." Stiles says. "Fine" Isaac sighs. "No, no, I think it might work actually" I say.

Before either of them can say anything I turn to look over at Meredith. "Excuse me?" I call out. Meredith turns to look at me. "Hey, what's your biggest fear?" I ask. Meredith furrows her eyebrows in confusion as Stiles hits me in the shoulder. "Ow!" I groan, rubbing my shoulder. "She's kidding" Stiles calls out to her. Stiles then looks at me in disbelief. "What the hell are you doing? We're not torturing her!" He scolds me as well. "It was just a suggestion" I say, putting my hands up in surrender.

"Okay, how about this? You said she hears things, right?" Isaac asks. "Yeah" Stiles nods. "Doesn't that mean she's like Lydia? A Banshee?" Isaac questions. "What else could she be?" I shrug. We all look over at Meredith who was staring down at the floor. We walk towards her again and she looks up at us. Stiles kneels down in front of her.

"Okay, just try to focus on the sounds around you. On what you're hearing. Just focus on the silence." Stiles explains. "Listen to the silence" Isaac nods. Meredith looks between the two with a nod as I stand behind them, looking down at her with my arms crossed, waiting for her to say at least something useful.

"Focusing on the silence." Stiles repeats. "Listening to the silence..." "Okay, will you just let me handle this, Isaac, please? I just...I have more experience with Banshees." Stiles tells him. "And mental patients" I mumble, recieving a glare from Stiles. I hold my hands up in surrender as we turn back to look at Meredith. "Isn't anyone going to get that?" Meredith suddenly says. "Get what?" Stiles asks. "The phone" Meredith says.

"What phone?" Stiles questions. "The phone" Isaac says, motioning to Stiles to get his phone. "Yeah, yeah, the phone" I nod as we all point at Stiles' phone, Isaac and I giving him a hint that this could really help us out. "oh, the-the phone. My phone. Yes." Stiles says. He pretends to answer it and holds it up to his ear. "Hello. Yes, she's actually sitting right here." Stiles stutters out. "It's for you" Stiles points at Meredith and hands his phone to her. She takes it and holds it up to her ear as we look between each other.