3.13.4

Noah pulls up in front of the Tate house as Stiles and Scott pull up to the side so their cars can't be seen. I had decided to just ride with Stiles in his Jeep so we didn't have to bring so may cars. The plan was, Noah was gonna explain everything to Mr. Tate about his thinking and evidence, excluding anything supernatural while Scott, Stiles and I snuck into Malia's room so Scott and I could get her scent.

We watch Noah get out of his car and walk up to the front. Mr. Tate lets him in and we immediately climb out once we know the coast is clear. We quietly walk onto the porch and start making our way towards the door that leads into Malia's room. We all carefully step over a rat trap that was set on the porch, trying not to set it off.

Stiles grabs the door knob and tries to quietly open it. Again, tries. We all cringe as the door creaks very loudly, creating a lot of noise. Stiles stops himself and then slowly tries to open it more. Scott rubs his hands down his face as I roll my eyes. Stiles quickly opens it the rest of the way and quickly ushers us in, closing the door behind us.

Stiles doesn't waste any time as he starts handing us things to smell, starting with the stuffed animals on the bed. "All I'm getting is some animal smell" Scott sighs. "Same here." I nod, throwing the stuffed cow back on the bed. "What kind of animal?" Stiles asks, going over to the dresser to look for more things to give us. Mine and Scott's heads snap over to the door where a Rottweiler was currently watching us and growling.

"Dog." Scott and I both say at the same time. Stiles quickly looks over, his eyes landing on the animal as well. It snarls at us as we all try and stay as still as possible. Stiles quickly hides what he's holding under his jacket. "Hi, puppy. Get rid of it." Stiles tells us. "Me?" Scott asks, not sure who Stiles was talking to. "Yes, you. Glow your eyes at it, something, be the Alpha" Stiles whispers as we all stay frozen. It snarls at us once again. "And quickly" I add.

"I can't. I don't have control." Scott tells him and I sigh. "Okay, buddy, you're going to have to try something." Stiles tells him. Scott takes a step forward, holding his hand out in front of him cautiously. "Nice doggy..." He says and Stiles and I look at him in disbelief. The dog starts barking at us and we all jump. It continues to bark at us as the two look at me. "Apollo!" We hear Mr. Tate yell. I glow my eyes at the dog as Mr. tate continues to yell.

It's gaze transfixes on me and stops barking at us. It whimpers and walks up to me nuzzling it's snout into my hand signaling it wants to be pet. I smile at the two as I pet it and they look at me in shock. "That was cool" Stiles breathes and I just shrug as the dog walks out of the room. Stiles gets back to business, grabbing more things for us to sniff. He hands Scott a book and me a toy horse. I try and catch a scent but only get the same dog smell.

"Anything?" Stiles asks and Scott and I look at each other before shaking our heads no. "All I'm getting is that dog." Scott says and I nod in agreement. Stiles sighs in frustration before his eyes catch on to a picture. He pulls out his phone and snaps a picture of it. It was a picture of two young girls. The older one being Malia and the younger one probably being her sister.

"We should probably get going now. Before the dog comes back" I tell them and they nod in agreement. We quietly leave the house and Stiles and I get back in the Jeep as Scott gets on his bike. We leave the house, parking at the spot we said we'd meet up, waiting for Noah. Once he's there we get out and meet him beside his car. "We're sorry. We tried as hard as we could. I mean, if it wasn't so long ago, we might have been able to do it." Scott apologizes and I nod in agreement.

"It's okay. it was a long shot. In fact, it was a pretty terrible idea. I think I just ripped a wound open in that poor man. I never should have brought you guys here. I don't know what I was thinking. Thanks for trying, all right?" Noah says in defeat patting Scott and I on the shoulder. He gets in his car turning to Stiles. "See you at home." he says and Stiles waves at him. Noah drives off, leaving us alone.