Letters and Revelations

J E N N I E

"Jennie, I'm getting worried about your behaviour lately." Kai said and hugged me.

"Why are you here." I said.

Then he let go of me and asked me worriedly, "Jennie tell me what's happening to you?"

"I told you maybe I am just tired." I turned my back to him but he held my arms when I tried to walk away. I shook his hands away but his grip was strong.

"What is it Kai, please? I needed to be alone." I turned to him.

"I'm gonna leave this house immediately." He said.

"Okay."

"But in one condition accept this." He showed me a box and I grabbed it for him.

"Talk to me after you know everything Jennie I've made my decision and so as Bam." Kai said immediately leave the house.

What is he talking about?

I walked to my room and took a bath. I dried my hair and laid myself on bed until I fell asleep.

It was midnight when I suddenly woke up. I went to kitchen to drink a milk from my fridge.

Later I came back again to my room and sat on my study table. I was still drinking my milk when my attention narrowed on my box that dad gave me.

I furrowed my brows when I noticed that it was same as the box I had received from Kai.

I got the box under my table and compared it to Kai's ones, and they were really the same. Except the colour. Mine is pink while the other one is black.

I opened the black one and examined of what's inside.

I stopped dead on what I was doing when I noticed something.

Wait?

I checked the letters by opening and reading it. It is really from me.

But why were my letters that I gave to Pranpriya here? If I am right this is my penmanship. Where did Kai got this?

I examined the box more and there's also a black notebook inside. I opened it and tried to read the first page.

L.S.M
Lalisa Pranpriya Manoban

How? I asked myself. Then I remembered one of Lisa's friends, saying her complete name.

A memory from my childhood appeared on my mind.

A lost memories maybe.

"Lalisayahhh!" A kid me shouted at the tops of her lungs.

"Shhh. Jennie I told you just call me Pranpriya I preferred it than Lalisa."

"Okay." I pouted but then smiled when I think an idea.

I quickly kiss Pranpriya on her cheeks and ran away.

Why did I remembered that memory just now. Why? I turned another page because I was confused as hell. I need to know more.

I touched the writings on the paper and I know by my heart that this was really Pranpriya's handwriting.

I ready myself and started reading.

Hi Jennie Wifey,
I hope someday you'll read all of these. It's kinda long but I know you have a very long patience too. I wrote this because can't you believe it!? Finally after along time I will see you again. I'm so excited! I hope you immediately recognise me because I won't introduce myself to you.

I gasped and turned another page. Feeling my heartbeat wasn't normal anymore.

Hey it's me again my Queen,
We finally met for a very long time. But didn't recognise me. You even hated me haha. Funny right? But why does it hurts to me? Is it because you already have forgotten about me? But yeah I'm still thankful because I saw you eyes, your lips, your nose, your face again but you didn't show me your gummy smile today. Hoping to see you again tomorrow.

My eyes went teary. I didn't expected it to be like this. I turned another pages to know more.

Hi Jennie,
Should I introduce myself to you again? Okay I guess I will. I am Lalisa or Lisa but you should call me Pranpriya. We met when we were still kids. You hated me too back then but yeah I made a way for you not to hate me anymore. I got your attention by bullying you but we ended up having deeper a feelings towards each other but we were just kids back then. So yeah, do you remember me now? Ugh! I'm going crazy because I can't say these words to you, I can't even talk to you. So instead I write it right here, you wouldn't read this anyways. So bye for now.

Lisa? Why!?

I kept my hands on my mouth preventing myself to cry.

I turned every pages to the latest parts and there I didn't stop myself anymore from crying.

Hi Wifey,
Can I still call you that? I guess not. So yeah I was beaten badly yesterday. But yeah I just saved you again not that I'm being proud about that I'm just happy even if I ended up in the hospital. Remember when we were just a kids I always saved you and I had always got my head bumped too. I'm used to it anyways. This morning my doctor said that a blood cloth in my brain was getting worse it's now affecting my memories. He also said that if I won't go through surgery I'll be forever paralyse or die, as if there's a difference if I will go through surgery, huh.  It's either I die or die. I'm not dumb to know that it's very rare for a patient to survive that kind of situation. So yeah. After that I escaped hospital and went to your house today and I was very happy that they kept their promise. They made you still alive. I was very happy, really. Even if you pushed me and slapped me with the truth that I am nothing but a monster that deserves to die. I hoped Jennie that one day you realised that I'm doing this for you. I'm sorry."

Lalisa/Pranpriya

Till the last sentences I noticed the dried teardrops on the paper.

She'd been crying while writing this.

My tear dropped down from my face to the paper where her dried tears was placed.

Lisa how?

I hate myself for being so dense.

I was a sobbing mess right now and I can't stop myself not to.

Lisa...

I need to let this out so I called someone.

"Hello."

"Chaeng I need you please." I said and sobbed hard. "I'm sorry if I shou—"

"Unnie what's happening? Where are you? Are you okay?"

"I'm at my house." I said and she immediately dropped the call.

10 minutes passed when someone ranged the doorbell.

I went to open the gate. I looked to see Chaeyoung looking at me worriedly. I quickly hugged her tight and cried out all my pain.

"Shhh... Unnie It will be okay. It will be. Trust me."

__________

SHARE. COMMENT. VOTE.

[EDITED VERSION]