Irene Whut?

J E N N I E

I sighed contentedly for today as I got my job well done. I laid down on my bed trying to get some rest.

There's so many things that are running inside my mind. So many.

My eyes nearly closed when my phone beeped.

I got up and reached my phone from the nightstand. I unlocked it and read a message from Chaeyoung.

Chaeng

Unnie!
{8:30 pm}

What is it?
Ugh don't you know that I'm tired. I want to rest.
{8:30 pm}

Uhm, Just wanna say that Lisa's family went back here in Korea. And you know maybe Lisa too.
{8:31 pm}

My hands trembled as my heart bursted out crying in happiness.

I wanted to believe Lisa is still alive but something is stopping me. I don't want to expect something anymore. I don't want to be hurt.

I'm tired.

What? Is that true? Please Chaeyoung don't keep my hopes up. Stop leading me on.
{8:32 pm}

Unnie I am saying the truth.
{8:33 pm}

If you want I will go with you tomorrow, to visit them.
{8:33 pm}

Okay
{8:35 pm}

I placed my on the nightstand stand again.

"Lisa."

I murmured before falling asleep.

☠️❤️☠️

"Unnie, you ready?" Chaeyoung tapped my shoulder. "Should I call for Irene to accompany us for today?"

"Please." I replied.

Chaeyoung and I are standing in front of my house thinking if we will continue of what we are about to do.

She got her phone from her purse and dial Irene's number.

Later she put her phone on her ear.

"Hello Irene unnie!" She energetically beamed.

After a second her face became sour.

"Am I disturbing something, Unnie?" Chaeng bit her ring finger's nail while she's blushing.

I furrowed my brows at her sudden action.

Huh?

What's happening? Why is her face is now like a tomato?

"Jennie unnie, I think it's a wrong timing." She nervously put down her phone not ending the phone call.

"What? Give me the phone. Let me talk to her." I looked at her and snatched the phone from her to talk to Irene.

"Hello, Irene?"

"Mhmm ahhh Su-Seul- I mean Jennie. He-ahh Hey!"

W T F !

I mean really, this early in the morning.

"Since we already disturbed you from what you are doing might as well I will say what I want to say." I said not stopping. Gosh, I don't want to hear her moaning.

"O-ohho ookay, hmm ba—" Before she moaned again I immediately put my fingers in my ears.

Letting go of my ears and putting the phone on it again.

"Okay so, Just wanna know if you wanna join us today. We will visit Lisa's family. Come before 8:30 if you wanna come with us." I said.

I'm about to hang up the phone when I heard Irene screaming in a pure bliss and,

I ended the call.

Hallelujah.

Sweet sweet divine.

Sweet mercy.

Someone please pour me a lot of holy water.

I massaged my temple before giving Chaeng her phone, waiting for Irene.

Half of an hour passed before Irene arrived with overflowing confidence coming out from her girlfriend's sports car.

Me and Chaeng quickly gave her a disgusted look.

"What!?" She looked at us like as if nothing really happened.

"Nothing let's go." I said and entered Chaeng's car.

Chaeyoung entered too. Soon, Irene joins us inside. "So, Let's go." I said with a smile but inside I'm shaking.

I'm hoping and praying that Lisa is still breathing and existing in this world. I'm hoping that she survived the surgery.

And of course I'm hoping that she still loves me.

__________

SHARE. COMMENT. VOTE.

[EDITED VERSION]