Prologue

It was a day like any other. My planet was at peace, until that fateful day.

I was left alone, my people vanished from the face of Arisa.

I was forced to sleep for almost ten thousand years.

My only friend here told me to find the future palidans. They were located on the planet Earth, several galaxies away from my home.

I did as my friend said and traveled to Earth via a transport crystal, developed by my father before that day.

I changed my appearance to fit into the human culture. When I arrived, I was amazed by the Earth's beauty and grace.

Such a beautiful place full of life with a bright future. This was the best place to find the palidans.

I walked around a barren land full of rocks and sand, when I felt the familiar energy of a palidan. A brave yet uncontrollable type of soul.

I followed the energy, finally reaching a small house with a young boy sitting on the porch's steps.

As I got closer, I noticed the tears in his eyes. He was hurt, and I couldn't help but ask him a question.

"For what is the reason tears run down your face?" I asked.

The boy looked up at me in surprise, furiously wiping the tears away.

"I wasn't crying." He shouted back.

I sat beside him, "You try to hide the pain, but that will only make it worse."

He turns to me and takes in my features, I ask once more.

"Tell me, for what is the reason tears run down your face?"

The boy sniffed, the tears flowing down his red cheeks once more.

"My dad," he said, "He was a great man, and he....died not too long ago, saving someone else in a fire.

I closed my eyes and took in a deep breath, "A man who sacrifices himself for others, is a man who is worth the tears you shed," I said, making the boy look at me in surprise, "But they should not be tears of sadness and pain. Those tears should be shed of joy. The Joy of the many kind things that he had done in his life."

He drank my words like they were water.

"Who are you?" He asked. I giggled and gave him my false name. I know i should tell him my real name, but for his own protection for the future, I must lie.

"You can call me Aiko." I said, "And what is your name?"

He smiled, "My name's Keith. Keith Kogane."

We became good friends in the span of three months, but at the end of the three months, I had to leave to find the next palidan.

Before I left, Keith gave me a red ring with a silver band.

"Take this," he said, his face blushing red, "To remember me by."

I gazed at the beautiful ruby stone on the ring, taking it I slipped onto my left middle finger.

"Thank you Keith," I said, "We'll meet again, in the future."

I then left to find the next palidan.

It wasn't long until I found the next palidan.

I walked near a small neighborhood, when I felt a fun soul. A joking yet serious soul coming from a field.

I walked towards the field and saw a yoing boy with tanned skin and brown hair. He was kicking a ball into a net.

"It's not enough," he said, "I need to get better."