The Journey

Warning ⚠ ⚠
This chapter contains future spoilers.

Read at your own risk. Thank you.

I lay in bed with Luna's head by mine, but my dreaks turned dark.

Dream~~~~~~~

I opemed my eyes only to close them again to shield myself from the blinding purple lights which surrounded me.

"Where am I?" I asked no one in particular.

I looked at my surroundings and found them familiar.

I panicked as I realized I was on a Galra ship. I stepped back against the wall, my heart ready to leap right out of my chest.

Suddenly, the harsh sounds of gunfire erupted through the hallway. I turned to face the gunfire and saw multiple guards shooting at someone.

The purple shots continued until the guards were struck down. The attacker was a friend.

It was Shiro.

My hands flew over my mouth in shock when I saw the former Black Palidan. His hair was shaggy and long. He had some peachfuzz on his chin and lip, indicating that he went without a shave or haircut for a while.

I had no time to ask any questions to myself as Shiro ran past the guards and into an escape pod near me.

Thinking it was best I ran behind hik and into the pod.

It was then, as the pod was being assaulted by lasers on the ship, that I realized something was wrong.

Shiro was only gone for a short while, there was no way his hair would've grown so much in that short amount of time. The facial hair maybe, but the rest of his hair would still be somewhat short.

I placed a hand on Shiro's shoulder as I collapsed onto my knees and grabbed my temples in pain.

Ir was a sharp ringing followed by a catastrophic amount of pain that engulfed my entire head and slowly spread down to my limbs.

I screamed as both Shiro and I were engulfed in white.

Dream end~~~~~~~

I shot up in my bed, holding my head anf screaming loud enough for everyone to hear.

Luna woke up immediately as the others rushed to my room.

"Zurine! What's wrong?" Keith asked as he rushed into the room.

"Why did you scream?" Pidge asked as she rubbed my back in an attmept to comfort me and control my breathing.

My ragged breaths slowed down after a time, but the pain was pounding away at my skull and body.

"Shiro..." I whispered, "It was Shiro."

Everyone gasped at the mention of Shiro.

"What do you mean Shiro?" Lance asked.

"I saw him. He's alive. Shiro is alive." I mumbled under my breath, tears ready to fall out of fear and relief.

As I sat in my bed and cried, Keith pulled close and let me cry in his chest.

I stayed like that for a while, surrounded by the warmth of my love, and the presence of my friends.

After I was done crying, I wiped my eyes and walked outside. I wandered with Luna into the Black Lion hangar.

I stood in front of the majestic robot and sighed.

"Shiro is alive." I said to the lion.

"I can feel him, Princess. He's alive, yes, but not in the way you think."