Tailing a Comet

People, you've gotta listen to this rap above. I found a while ago and it is awesome. Check it out, you won't be disappointed with it.

------

The feeling of something warm caressing my hand was the first thing I noticed as I awoke. I slowly peeled my eyes open to see Keith by my bedside, fast asleep.

I smiled, grasping his hand tightly.

"Keith," I whispered, "It's time to get up."

Slowly, Keith woke up, smiling as he sat up.

"Hey, Zurine. How ya feeling?" He asked. I sat up and uncovered myself from the warm covers of my bed.

"I'm just fine. I just felt a little overwhelmed by Shiro's return, that's all."

I swung my legs over the bed, but just as I was about to stand up, I was tackled by Luna who licked me and purred with happiness.

"Luna! Stop that, it tickles!" I said through my muffled laughs. I could hear Keith laughing in the background.

"She hasn't left your side since yesterday." He said, when Luna finally let me up, I looked up at Keith surprised by what he said.

"I've been asleep for that long?"

Keith nodded, "Yeah, but we should get you something to eat." Just then my face and ears flushed red as my stomach rumbled in agreement.

"Good idea." I said. I stood up and walked magically changed into my normal clothes. Keith grabbed my hand and led me out to the kitchen.

It didn't take long for us to make a quick meal. Once I was finished, Allura's voice rang through the speakers.

"Everyone, report to the control room. We have a new mission." She said.

Keith and I rinsed off our dishes and walked to the control room. Once the doors opened, I was relieved to see everyone smiling.

They ran towards and sighed in relief.

"It's good to see that you're awake, Zurine." Allura said.

"Yeah, you gave us quite a shock when you collapsed like that." Coran added.

"Are you sure you're okay now?" Pidge asked worried as much as everyone in the room.

I simply smiled and said that I was fine.

Allura explained the mission. We were to infiltrate a Galra base.

"I'll stay here, if that's alright." I said, "I want to look after Shiro."

"That seems fine." Hunk said, "We'll be back soon. Keep things cool while we're gone."

"I will."

One by one, everyone left the room, but Keith stayed behind for a moment.

He grabbed my hand and placed a gentle, quick kiss on my lips. It was only for a second, but it was lovely nonetheless.

He pulled back and smiled at me, "See you when we get back."

"Good luck, Keith." I said waving goodbye as we went to catch up with the others.

Once they were all gone, I went to my white Voltron Lion, sat down in the pilot chair and stayed still.

"You seem to be troubled."

"Yes, White. The Shiro Keith rescued is not the true Shiro. I felt it when I tried to heal him. I don't know if I should tell everyone about this."