Code of Honor

I stroked Luna's head lovingly as I sat on my bed. It has been a while since I felt relaxed like this.

The others have been working like crazy to form coalitions around the universe, working together to bring down the Galra remains.

But one thing kept me busy. I spent most of my time thinking about those strange whispers in my head. Not to mention the 'Dark One' another voice told me to beware.

I still don't have a clue as to who the 'Dark One' is, but I'm going to stop until I figure it out.

"Palidans, we have recieved a request in the Fimm system. Please ready your lions." Allura announced through the speakers.

I stood up, changed into my armor and headed for my lion.

It took me only a few minutes to join the others, only, we were one short.

"Keith's not here again?" I asked, a little disappointed by his absence.

For a little while now, Keith has been back and forth between Voltron and the Blade of Marmora. I hardly got to see him, and when I could see him, we barely spent more than a few hours together.

"That darn mullet head! Leaving us like this is just wrong." Lance said annoyed.

"Well, whatever. Let's just get on with this mission and if he can, Keith will join us later." Pidge said.

After a little bit of flying, we made it to the Fimm system and latched our lions to some cargo ships. I sighed, grabbing my cargo ship and activating my boosters.

"You seem troubled, child. What is weighing on your mind?"

"I'm just worried about Keith."

"Is it his absence when working with Voltron bothering you?"

"Yeah. He's been working with the Blade of Marmora for a while and has barely worked with us. I'm afraid of what might happen if he decides to leave Voltron."

"The Black Lion Palidan is indeed handling two positions, but I can tell that his mind is split as well."

"I guess I'll talk to him later then."

Suddenly, the Black Lion came around and took one of the extra cargo ships.

"Well, look who decided to show up." Pidge mused annoyed by Keith's lateness.

"Yeah, are you even taking this seriously?" Lance asked.

"Sorry I'm late." Keith apologized.

I frowned, "Is there anything wrong, Keith?" I asked.

"No, no. Nothing's wrong. I was just held up for a little bit." He replied. I quietly sighed at his secrecy.

We delivered the cargo to a nearby space station. Keith and Shiro went somewhere private to talk.

"Were you able to speak to Kolivan about the intel yet?" Keith asked.

"I did, and we need to find oit all that we can about this quintessence." Shiro replied, "But more importantly, Voltron needs a strong leader."

"I know they do and it should be you.

"Keith, we've discussed this before. Besides, we both know that the Black Lion and Zurine have chosen you."

"You only tried once. You had a connection with the Black Lion and I know it's still there. If you just give it another shot--"

"Keith, we all have a part to play. This is mine now. I've come to terms with that. Now, you need to."