Clear Day

A few days had passed since our last mission to find the Altean pilot of a disabled Robeast. During the days the Alteans had refused to speak with us, I had given a lot of thought to Honerva's plan.

However, I have not been able to figure it out just yet. Another problem was that for several days, I have been feeling the Dark One swirl around near us. It was making me feel awful.

Thankfully the feeling went away after a little while and I don't feel it for the rest of the day.

Right now, I was sitting in my room, creating a small crystal in my hands for fun, smoking at my creation, when someone knocked on my door.

"Come in." I said, standing up and holding my crystal.

The door opened and Allura stood in the doorway.

"Zurine, Tavo has agreed to speak with us, but only if you are in the room with me." Allura said.

I nodded, placing the crystal on my bed and followed Allura to the interrogation room.

We opened the door and sat down in front of Tavo, whom was already brought to the room earlier.

I smiled gratefully at Tavo, who smiled back at me, albeit with a little hesitation.

"Tavo, I want to thank you for speaking with us." Allura said.

"Forgive me, Princess Allura, Princess Zurine, but we don't have much time." Tavo said terrified.

"I'm sorry?" I asked.

"Please. Once Honerva discovers I'm speaking with you, it will be over."

"Slow down. What are you trying to--?" Allura tried to asked but was interrupted when Tavo looked up from his shaking sweary hands in fear.

"Listen to me. Now that she has Lotor, she will use him to destroy everything--"

All of a sudden, Tavo stopped speaking, grabbing his head and stumbling backwards.

I felt the same pain, but not as strong, close but not quite. I held my head while Allura was focused on Tavo as he collapsed to the floor.

"Tavo!" Allura exclaimed in worry. Two Atlas doctors came rushing, but I stopped them.

"Wait!" I said, making my way to Allura's side.

"Allura, do it with me, now." I said, holding my hand over Tavo's face. Allura nodded without hesistation, placing her hand over mine.

We closed our eyes and concentrated, feeling the energy from Tavo and ourselves, but there was something else.

"I feel something." Allura said.

My brow scrunched up in pain as the strange dark feeling came back to me. Allura couldn't feel it as much as I could, but this feeling was the Dark One in a smaller form.

I cracked my eyes open a sliver and internally gasped when I saw the dark aura around Tavo.

A small black and crimson red orb floated out of Tavo, giving off such a malicious feeling with every slight movement.

Allura opened her eyes and and gasped at the sight of this... thing floating above us.

In an instant, the floating orb was covered in purple flames and began to bounce everywhere in the room. The alarms blared in our ears as Allura and I scrambled to get Tavo out of there.

The two doctors helped pick up Tavo and we rushed out of the room as quickly as we could.

Once we were out of the room, the doctor closed the door, trapping the entity inside.