Battle in the ruins

I stood next to Krolia staring at the Marmoran knives stuck into the wall. I glamced over at Krolia and frowned at her saddened expression.

"I recognize every one of these Blades." She said solemnly, "I trained many of them myself."

She reached forward and swiftly grabbed one of the blades, from which I could tell belonged to Kolivan, "If I had only been here. Kolivan."

I gently lay my hand on her shoulder in a way of comfort. Keith walked up behind us sharing the same look we had.

"Their service will mot be forgotten." He said.

"Yes. In honor of those who have fallen, we'll free the universe from those who want to harm it." I said, giving Krolia a soft, caring smile.

She looked down at me and returned my smile, however, her smiled turned to shock when the Blade in her hand hissed and began to glow.

"Kolivan?" She asked, "His blade, it's flickering."

"Flickering? What does that mean?" Pidge asked.

"A Marmoran agent's life force is connected to their blade." Krolia explained, "I just saw it glow. He must still be alive."

"Just barely." Macidus said ominously.

We all gasped and turned towards the masked man as he stood hunched over.

"Your hand is looking much better." He said towards Keith, making said boy's eyes widen in shock.

"My hand?" Keith repeated.

"You don't remember our fight?"

Keith was silent for a moment as he recalled a previous from our infiltration at the galactic hub.

Keith growled and summoned his sword, crouched over in a fighting stance.

I followed his lead, summoning a pair of dual swords from my bayard and preparing to fight.

"You've been using that signal to draw Blades in!" Keith shouted. Everyone began to power up their weapons and aimed for the Macidus.

Macidus laughed menacingly at our actions, "Kolivan proved to be useful after all."

In that instant, Macidus disappeared in a cloud of wispy smoke, but in leave, he dropped a small Galran device which broken on impact with the ground.

"No!" Krolia shouted as the device split in two. From the broken device, a large swirl of energy boomed.

I reached on instinct, teleporting away while Kosmo rushed to Keith's side and teleported him away with me.

Keith, Kosmo and I reappeared in another part of the cave. K with pamted as he knelt I'm the ground, relieved for the quick escape.

I walked to his side and helped him stand up, he sighed and petted Kosmo as a thank you and Kosmo grunted in return.

"Where are we? And how did you get here, Zurine?" Keith asked.

"A new power of some sort, it's the same as Kosmo." I replied, "But nevermind that, we need to figure out what's going on here."

Keith nodded and we looked down the tunnel in front of us. Suddenly, the sound of a teleportation zap rushed to our ears, and made us hide underneath the makeshift bridge nearby.

We listened closely and quietly as Macidus walked down the tunnel, his blade scraping the walls as he walked down.

He passed us as he walked over the wooden bridge, the wood creaking under his steps. We were still when he suddenly stopped, but the stillness was interrupted by a rolling can near the wall.