Stayin' Alive

My dreams were sweet, remembering the times before this war ten thousand years ago.

And of a certain red palidan. But something was different.

Dream~~~~~~

I was sitting with Keith in a field on Earth. It was a place that I found near Keith's house that even he never knew existed.

Flowers grew in patches larger than a space cruiser from my planet. We sat there in peace and quiet, but... it all ended in an instant.

I smiled, looking over towards Keith, but he faded away into the shadows. I jumped up to my feet but was quickly faced with our foe.

Zarkon stared at me with a hateful glare.

"Zarkon!" I shouted readiing myself to fight him, "What are you doing here?!"

He laughed maniacally as if I told the most hilarious joke.

"Foolish little girl!" He said, "Do you really think that I would let you escape my hold without giving some way to defeat you?"

I looked at him with the same glare but with a questioning look, "What are you talking about?" I asked.

"That fluid you were locked into when you were captured, was special. It allowed special subatomic particles to invade your system."

"How do I get rid of them!" I demanded.

"You can't. Not unless you defeat me. But we both know that you and your pathetic Palidans friends won't be able to do so."

"My friends and I have gotten stronger than the least time we fought! We Will defeat you and the universe shall be freed from your reign!"

"Hahaha! I would like to see you try, little princess!"

The world which was once a beautiful scene of Earth landscape, turned into a void where nothing lived and nothing thrived.

Around me were shadows that told me...

'You'll never be a good queen.'

'You will never beat me!'

'THE UNIVERSE WILL BELONG TO EMPEROR ZARKON!'

Dream end~~~~~~~~

I shot up with a scream in my bed my breathes ragged and full of panic. I placed a hand on my sweat covered brow and another over my heart, in an attempt to calm myself.

After a tick or two of heavy breathing and Luna's soft purring, I finally calmed down but my dream was still locked into my mind.

I quickly shook it off, walked towards my bathroom and went in to splash some water on my face.

I stared into the mirror to see tear stains running down my cheeks.

"Zarkon," I whispered, "You will not succeed." With one final splash of water, Luna and I walked down towards the command deck.

The doors opened to reveal Allura talking to Coran on screen.

Coran noticed my entrance and smiled.

"Hello princess Zurine," he said happily. Allura turned around and smiled gently.

"Hello Coran, how are you doing?" I asked walking to Allura's side.

"I'm fine princess, have you two made it to the Balmera yet?"

"We're scheduled to arrive in just a few doboshes." Allura answered, "I hope we'll be able to find a crystal big enough for the teludav."