Day Forty-Seven

It has been forty-seven days since the Atlas has launched into space to continue the fight against the Galra and free the rest of the universe.

For weeks I have been thinking about life after this war. Of course, every time I would think about my future, my thoughts would go straight to Keith and the rest of the crew.

My heart would race at the thought of going back to my planet, freeing my people and joining in on festivities of victory.

But the part of the future I was most excited about, was the future I was going to create with Keith.

I smiled as I walked down the halls with my hand in Keith's. We walked into the cafeteria and grabbed some food, sitting next to Pidge.

"Hey, guys." She said happily as we sat down, "What's going on?"

"Nothing much. Just taking a walk through the ship and talking about what would happen when all of this is over." Keith replied.

"Cool, cool. So, you guys talk about the wedding yet?" Pidge asked, making both of our faces bright red.

"No, no, no, nothing yet. We decided to focus on the mission before planning anything like that." I said.

Pidge pouted, "Really? You guys haven't talked about it at all, yet? You guys are engaged, how have you not talked about your future wedding yet?"

Keith shrugged, "We're not really sure about that ourselves, but we'll get to it when it comes and all this is over."

I nodded and smiled in agreement. Suddenly, from the entrance of the cafeteria, Kinkade and Rizavi appeared with a camera in hand.

"Hey, guys," Rizavi said holding up the camera, "We're making a documentary about life on the Atlas. You wouldn't mind a little interview, would ya?"

"Not at all." I replied, while the others agreed to the idea.

To me, it was a wonderful idea to document life on this ship. What better way to prove something and to mark us down into history than a documentary?

Rizavi and Kinkade sat down in front of us and set up the camera.

"Okay, we're set." Kinkade said.

"So, catch us up on what's going on." Rizavi said.

Pidge smiled and began, "Well, the Atlas is headed to the Grei-Aye system where we've identified the remains of a disabled Robeast."

"Oh! Those things are pretty dangerous, right?" Rizavi asked.

"Do I explained that the Robeast was one of the ones used in Honerva's intergalactic ritual?" Pidge asked Rizavi off camera.

"No, it's okay."

"Okay. Um, so, once the Atlas arrives in orbit around the planet, the other Paladins and I will head down to the surface to secure the Robeast and hopefully find its Altean pilot."

Rizavi groaned and went on, "Ugh, okay. Keith! Zurine! Why dont one of you tell us about the dangera of this mission?"

Keith stared at her confused by the sudden change in film subjects, but continued on anyway.

"Well, every mission has some inherent dangers." He said, "For the first one, we have to be especially diligent about the Robeast. Even though it's not fully functional, it can still pose an extreme threat. Combine that with the hostile Altran that's probably still in the vicinity, and you've potentially got threats on multiple fronts."

"Hey, guys, what's up?" Hunk suddenly said from behind, "You making a movie? Cool. Can I be in it?" He asked before frowning, "Now, wait, if this is an action movie... is it? I dont wanna be in it."