The Blade of Marmora

Keith sat in his chair deep in thought as we drew closer to the Blade of Marmora hideout.

Ever since Shiro said that we would be going there, Keith has been on edge, worrying that if he went there and he found he wanted, it wouldn't be good.

"Coran..." Shiro said making Keith look up in attention, "how soon will we get to the Blade of Marmora's base?"

"Based on the coordinates that Ulaz gave us, we should be there within a few doboshes." Coran answered.

Pidge was excited I could tell, "I can't wait to see it!" She said, "I mean, they were able to fold space-time, and that was jist an outpost!"

Hunk smiled and rubbed his large belly, "Mm, the space taco. It left us too soon." His stomach grumbled at the thought of food.

I chuckled at his words, lightening the mood a little. Pidge however wasn't as amused.

"Well, sure, but my point is, imagine how amazing their home base will be!"

"Yeah, it could be any shape." hunk daydreamed, "Like a space jelly donut, or long, like a space éclair, or a space cheese blitz with cherry sauce on top. Maybe a little dusting of powdered sugar. That's the stars."

"Aww!" Lance whined, "Now I'm hungry for breakfast."

I laughed at their thoughts about the base.

"I think you're all just a little too excited about this." I said, "We still don't know how the rest of the Blade of Marmora will react to our arrival. We must be cautious."

"Zurine is right," Keith said annoyed by our comrades, "this is a serious mission. We need to focus."

"We need to focus." Lance mocked.

"The base is in range." Coran announced. Shiro said to take us in slowly, but as Coran and I could see, it wouldn't be easy.

"That might prove the tiniest bit of a challenge." Coran said.

As we moved closer to the base, we were faced with one of the universe's many miraculous phenomenons.

Standing in front of us was a star, but not just any star, a blue star. Surrounding the star were two large black holes trying to suck in the star.

"Is that a black hole?" Hunk asked.

"No, no, no, no, no." Coran replied, "It's two black holes and a giant blue star."

"That's not better."

"No kidding," Pidge said, "Just inside a black hole, the temperature is one millionth of a degree above absolute zero. But, just outside of that, it's hundreds of millions of degrees Celsius.."

"Not to mention that a blue star is three times larger than the sun and is hotter than any star." I added.

"Okay, so it's like when you try nuke a frozen burrito in the microwave, and it comes out all scorching hot on the outside, but it's still frozen in the middle, right?" Hunk said trying to conpare the black holes temperatures.

"Now, I'm hungry for lunch!" Lance complained. Keith lost his patience. He stood up abruptly and glared angrily at our friends.

"Guys, quiet!" He yelled before turning to Coran, "Corma, where's the base located?"

I looked at Keith with concern, he barely blew up at anyone. It was almost frightening.

Coran oulled up the location of the base on screen, "In between those three deadly celestial objects."

"The perfect defensive position." Pidge said.

"Or the perfect trap." Allura added.

"Yeah, I'm with Allura." Hunk agreed, "Maybe we shouldn't, like, go in there at all?"