Healing

We stood in the Black Lion's cockpit staring down at Shiro's unconscious form.

He was in a transportable healing pod but it could only do so much.

Everyone was silent, but as I glanced at Keith, i could tell that he was the most worried about our leader.

His eyes were filled with worry and he never left Shiro's side.

"Is-- is he gonna be okay?" Hunk asked.

Allura sighed, "Only time will tell if this body will accept Shiro's consciousness."

"Is there anything we can do to help?" Lance asked.

"I've tried contacting the Voltron Coalition, but I can't get through to anyone. It doesn't make sense." Pidge said confused, "There might be some distortion in not picking up on. Maybe we need to get into the upper atmosphere for a better signal?"

"The lions aren't going anywhere without recharging their power cores." Hunk pointed out.

"The battle with Lotor severely depleted them." Allura said, "If we had the Castle of Lions we could recharge them, but..."

We all looked down in sadness as we remembered our lost home.

"Is there another way to recharge them?" Pidge asked.

"They can recharge naturally given enough time and ambient energy, but that might take phoebs." Coran said.

"There's gotta be something we can do." Keith said hopefully.

Suddenly, I remembered where we were, and that gave me an idea.

"Coran, aren't we on the Dalterian Belt?" I asked. His eyes widened with realization.

"Yes, Zurine! You're brilliant!" He said.

"Um, what's so great about the Dalterian Belt?" Lance asked.

"The Dalterian Belt is home to the element faunatonium." Coran replied, "We may be able to use it as a temporary solution."

"Faunatonium? How will that charge the power cores?" Lance asked.

"Well, you see, it involves field fluctuations--"

"You know what? Never mind. Magic or something? Sure."

"You're not too far off, Lance." I said, "Faunatonium is an element that can expand the energy particles within the cores."

"Precisely right, Princess Zurine. But first, we going to need a yalmor."

"Wait, there are yalmors om this planet?" Hunk asked.

"Ha, how do you think we find the faunatonium? Yalmors have a nose for the stuff." Coran scoffed.

Keith nodded, "Okay. You guys find a talk of and get this faunatonium stuff. I'll stay with Shiro."

I sat down beside Keith and held his hand, "I'll stay behind as well. I think there's something I can do for Shiro."

"And I'll stay as well." Allura said, "I May have exhausted the limits of what I learned on Oriande, but I might be able to help as well."

I smiled at Allura. She always wanted to help, even when we were children she wanted to help anyone and everyone in what ever way she could.

"All right, then, we'll get started." Coran said as everyone turned around to leave.

"Wait," Romelle said stopping everyone in their tracks, "You just fought Lotor, defeated him, stopped an explosion that could have destroyed reality, took your friend's consciousness from the Black Lion of Voltron and put it inside his clone, and now we're simply moving on?"