Journey to Find the Truth

We stood in the ship bay to send Mr. Holt off, as he was leaving for Earth.

"We're going to miss you up here, sir." Shiro said.

"Ah, you guys seem to be fine without me." Mr. Holt laughed, "Your mission is here. Mine is on Earth. As soon as I get back, I'll inform the Galaxy Garrison what's going on and start working to upgrade our planetary defenses."

"Yell Iverson, the next time I see him, I'm going to kick his butt for strapping me to that table." Shiro said.

"I'll be sure to tell him that." Mr. Holt chuckled.

"Hey, I had everyone record some messages for our families." Hunk said as he Mr. Holt some video disks, "Just a heads up, I got teary in mine, so... That's mom's eyes only."

Mr. Holt smiled and took yhe prerecorded videos. Hunk slid over to Lance and pointed obviously at the Cuban teen.

"Oh, and you don't want to see Lance's, either, since it's probably just a love message to Jenny Shaybon or the ither Jenny."

"Enough, Hunk." I said.

"Yeah, shut up Hunk!" Lance yelled, annoyed by Hunk's teasing as he turned away.

Hunk apologized, I walked up to Lamce's side and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Are you okay, Lance?" I asked.

"I'm fine. It's just... Once I starting thinking about going back to Earth, I... I started missing my mom and my brother Marco and my brother Luis and my sister Veronica and my grandma and..." Lance's calm composure transformed as his voice cracked talking about his family.

He wiped his tear filled eyes and sniffed back the pain.

"I'm, are you crying?" Hunk asked.

"No!" Lance quickly replied, "I just... I just got space dust in my eyes. It's very dusty in here."

I chuckled at his will to hold back the tears. We turned back to the Holt family.

"I guess this is it."

"I wish I could go with you." Matt said, "I'd love to help build Earth's first galactic defense system."

"I'm just worried we won't have enough time and resources to make a dent before we need it."

Pidge sighed and lifted her head with a smile, "A wise man once told me, "If you get too worried about what could go wrong, you might miss your chance to do something great."

Mr. Holt was surprised to his own words coming from his daughter, but was proud nonetheless.

"Sounds like a wise man indeed." Mr. Holt said smiling, "Matt, you be careful on the front lines. And, Pidge, keep an eye on your brother for me."

"You got it, dad."

Mr. Holt teared up, whimpering and hugging his children tight.

"I love you guys so much." He cried.

"We love you too, dad." Pidge replied.

I smiled at the tender moment, while silently chuckling at the three crying men behind me.

"There is a lot of space dust in here." Hunk whimpered.

"It's filthy!" Coran wailed.

Just then, I remembered something. I turned to Luna by my fert and held out my hand, signaling her to give me the white and red box in her mouth.

"Mr. Holt, wait." I said, he turned to me, curious about the box I held out towards him, "Take these. They're a gift to the families of the Palidans of Voltron. There should be enough for every memeber of each family."