Trial by Fire

The last thing I remembered was that we were attacked and then everything went black.

I groaned and opened my eyes to see nothing but cyan blue, and bubbles. I tried to lift my arms but I couldn't. Something was keeping them in place.

I looked down and saw chains pulling my arms down and chains connected to my ankles.

"Are you awake, little Child of Sun and Moon?" I heard a sinister voice ask me with such amusement.

I looked back up and saw Sendak with a wicked grin on his face.

"Don't worry, you'll be better soon. You won't even feel the pain when we suck out your power." He said. The container I was in began to move alongside Sendak.

We walked around the halls until we reached a large room, where my friends lay unconscious and Admiral Sanda stood.

She looked at me and I gasped, thinking that she had betrayed us all.

"I delivered you the Lions and Child of the Sun and Moon as you requested. Now it's time you uphold your end of the bargain." Sanda told Sendak, " Take Zurine's power, hand over the Paladins to me and leave Earth."

"That won't be happening." Sendak said staring down at my friends.

"We made a deal."

"Throw her in the brig with the Paladins." One of the sentries grabbed a thrashing Sanda and led her away.

I watched her as she disappeared, a look of confusion and fear on her face.

"Continue assault and move Zaiforge cannons into position." Sendak looked back at me and smirked, "I'm going to personally take care of this one."

Sendak pressed a buttons on the glass and in an instant, I felt nothing but pain. I screamed as volts of electricity courses through my body and my vision bled into black.

Meanwhile in the brig, the Paladins had just woken up, disoriented and tired, but alive and well nonentheless.

"How long we been out?" Hunk asked.

"It looks like we've lost about an hour." Pidge said.

"What happened?" Allura asked.

Keith slid down the wall and sat on the ground, "We're on Sendak's ship." He said, "Admiral Sanda... She sold us out."

"How could she?" Pidge asked angrily.

"He said he'd leave Earth is he had the Lions and Zurine, but he lied to me." Sanda' s sudden voice answered from a close cell, "This is all my fault. I wanted to protect my people, but now I've doomed them. I've doomed them all, and poor Zurine...."

"Hold on, where is Zurine?" Keith asked, "last time I saw her, she was with Sendak in a container."

"Sendak said that he was going to be taking her power, but would return her when he was done." Sanda answered regrettably, "But the way she screamed... I'm so sorry."

"If anything happens to Zurine, I will show you no mercy!" Allura shouted in anger.

"Admiral, what is Sendak's plan?" Keith asked.

"Sendak is... moving the Zaiforge cannons into position. He's going to destroy Earth." Sanda explained, "Please, you must know. I wanted to save Earth. I didn't think that you or Zurine would ever be in this much pain."

Keith sighed and worked to help formulate a plan of action.

I was floating in the blue liquid-filled container, screaming so much that I thought my throat would tear from the inside.