The Hunted

We flew off into space, following our new leader, Keith. He had planted a tracker on Lotor's ship, so we've been following that signal.

"Lotor's cruiser is on the other side of this planet." Pidge informed us, "At our current speed, we'll be within attack range in an hour."

"Good. Hold formation." Keith ordered. I sighed as he gave out the order with such an angry tone.

"Keith," I said, "Are you sure that this is a good idea?"

"This is how I lead, Zurine. I put that tracker on Lotor's cruiser for a reason. We need some answers."

An hour passed and we were almost in attack range. All of a sudden, Allura, now piloting the Blue Lion, accidentally bumped into the Yellow Lion.

"Oh, apologies, Hunk!" She said.

"Mhm, I'm beginning to agree with Zurine. Is attacking right now such a good idea? You know, since not everyone is so great with their lions?" Hunk tried to put simply.

"Do you mean me, specifically?" Allura asked.

"You? No. No way, I didn't-- I'm just simply pointing out that more than half the team are in new lions, and Zurine had just woken up from being in a coma. Maybe now's not a great time to bite off more than we can chew."

"You can blame our hot-headed leader for that one." Lance said.

"First you want me to lead, and then you complain about how I do it. Prince Lotor is the heir to the Galra throne. We could end his reign right now." Keith said annoyed by the constant complaints.

The Red Lion pulled back into the group and near the Blue Lion.

"Allura, you doing okay in Blue?" Lance asked in a worried tone. Allura on the other hand was nervous, but refused to show it.

"I'm fine. I've been piloting the castle for half my life. I just need a few ticks to adjust to the lion." Allura replied.

"Allura, the lion is not exactly like the castle. It has a heart and mind of its own. You'll need more than a few ticks to adjust." I said.

"We don't have that much time, Zurine. We're going in." Keith led the team forward into battle towards the Galra cruiser.

After a little while, something happened.

"I'm detecting movement." Keith said suddenly.

"So much for the element of surprise." Lance said, his voice laced with agitation.

We neared closer to the cruiser, and as the gap between us and the cruiser became smaller, a small fighter emerged from it. I could feel someone inside.

It was Lotor. His cold presence, even from this far away, I shall never forget.

"Just a single fighter. Where's the rest of them?" Hunk wondered aloud.

"Probably scrambling as we speak. Let's take it out." Kwith grunted as he rushed the Black Lion forward.

Lotor's fighter rushed forwards as well, ready to fight. I pushed the controls and ruahed to Keith's side. But just before I could get to him, the Red Lion rushed forward and crashed into the Black Lion.

The two palidans grunted at the sudden movement of the lions.

"Lance, what are you doing?" Keith shouted.

"Sorry! Red here is a lot faster than I'm used to." Lance replied.

"Keith, we must head back to the castle and abandon this mission! We need time to adjust to the new crew assignments." I tried to reason with him, but Keith wouldn't listen.