Return to Arisa

I slept peacefully that night with my dreams showing me memories of my past.

I was standing in the flower gardens behind the castle, my own personal escape place. Papa had it made for me in hopes that it would help with my illness.

It was filled with flowers whose scents were known to have healing properties. They worked on my people, but barely worked on me.

Although the healing properties never really healed me, I still loved to walk about the beautiful gardens with my mother, father and Allura when she would visit.

I knelt on my knees and sat on my legs as I held a bouquet of my favorite flowers: Crystalias. They were white with a soft pink hue as the light of the sun shone on their petals.

I closed my eyes and breathed in their sweet scent, suddenly, their scent turned sour.

I opened my eyes to see that the flowers were no longer in my hands, instead, I was greeted by darkness and the scent of iron.

I shook violently as I turned my head to look behind me. My cheeks were covered in tears as I saw my beautiful dream, turn into a scarring nightmare.

I saw my parents on the ground, motionless and lifeless.

"A shame that your parents were the first to go, little princess." A menacing voice said behind me.

I quickly turned my head back around to see the assassin who killed my parents, then smiled at me as their blood covered their cloak.

"Are you ready to join them, Zurine?" They asked. The assassin raised the sword in their hand and prepared to swing it down to deliver a killing blow.

I screamed as the sword swung down, raising my arms to protect me and closing my eyes. I didn't want the last thing I saw to be this terrible person.
I waited for the stinging pain of the cold steel blade, but after a few ticks, I felt nothing.

I cracked open my eyes, only to close them again when a bright light engulfed me. After a few ticks, I opened my eyes again and lowered my arms.

I gasped as I saw my parents standing in front of me, smiling happily.

"Mama! Papa!" I shouted joyfully reaching up and holding them tightly.

I heard my mother sniffle as tears fell from both of their eyes.

"My little girl," my mother said weeping, "You've grown so much."

"My little princess," my father said, pushing me away so he could get a better look at me, "You're even more beautiful than I could've imagined."

"How are you here?" I asked, "You're both dead."

My father knelt down and held my hand gently and lovingly, "Indeed we are no longer here in this world to walk by your side, but our spirits are alive for a only awhile."

I frowned and looked down at my father's hands, "So... none of this is real?"

My mother knelt down onto her knees and placed her hands on top of ours.

"This is real my daughter," she said with a small smile, "Our spirits can transport into our loved one's minds and appear in their dreams. However, we do not have enough time in your dreams to explain everything to you. You must come back home, we'll explain everything to you and your friends then."

They pulled away and cried as they faded from my mind.

"Come back home, and the truth shall be revealed." They said, then I woke up.

I opened my eyes to see my white sheets and feeling the warmth of a hand on mine. Once my vision was no longer fuzzy, I saw the tanned hand flinch then take my hand in it.