Lions' Pride pt. 3

The human-like beast pushed us back with the force of our swords. Our bodies shook when the beast attacked again. I pushed in as much power as I could to strengthen our blades, but there was little I could do with the painfully cold feeling continuing to rise in my chest.

We spun around and tried to hit the beast with one of our swords, but it was expertly blocked and the beast pushed us back once again.

While we were off balance, it took the opportunity and fired its laser at us with full force. The impact made us drop our swords as we staggered backwards.

"Guys, above us!" I shouted. We looked up and saw that the beast had jumped into the air and was ready to attack from above.

"Pidge, shield!" Keith shouted.

Pidge did as ordered and raised her lion and formed the shield, I even gave some of my moon powers to strengthen it. But it was futile.

The beast's attack was too powerful for our shield to defend against. The blade shot through the shield, broke it apart and hit us in the shoulders.

We all shouted in pain, screaming as electricity courses through our bodies from the attack.

I gritted my teeth, refusing to give up the fight while in this pain. It was as if I was back in Zarkon's ship, stuck in that strange liquid that tried to sap my powers from me.

The loud sound of energy humming caught my ears. I opened my eyes and saw a familiar cyan colored light be sucked out of us and into the beast's swords.

It was sucking out our power and quintessence.

"We're coming in. Covering fire." I heard Griffin say through the comms. I smiled at the fact that we had backup.

I watched through the window of my cockpit as the fighters circled and attacked the beast.

Just then, I felt a rising power coming from the Green Lion. Withiut warning, the Green Lion arm rose and formed a cannon. It slammed into the beast's face, made a high-pitched hum and open fired.

The blast was powerful, throwing the beast back and landing on its back as we stood tall. However, we were weak and fell back down on one knee.

"Paladins, what happened? Are you okay?" Shiro asked.

"Those blades, they sapped our energy." Hunk informed weakly.

"It felt like the Komar." Pidge added.

"Or that strange liquid I was trapped in when I was taken by Zarkon." I added.

The dust cleared and the beast stood back up. It looked up towards the sky and stared at the fighters shooting at it. Of course, the beast retaliated and fired back, but missing.

"Pilots, fall back. Those blasts can vaporize you." Keith said exhaling heavily.

"Keith's right. You've successfully drawn its fire. Rendezvous with the Atlas ASAP." Shiro ordered.

The pilots obeyed their orders and flew back to the Atlas, just as the beast drew its attention back to us.

It rushed up to us, raising its swords high into the air for the killing blow, when all of a sudden, the Atlas shot a powerful blast with its cannon, forcing the beast to be thrown away from us again.

I watched the beast be pushed back, but when the dust was almost clear, I could see its next deadly action.

"Shiro! Put your shields up, now!" I shouted just as the beast threw one of its blades.