The Ark of Taujeer

I felt warm. Something heavy was on top of me.

"Wake up Zurine." A kind voice said to me, "Breakfast will be served in a moment."

I rolled onto my side and opened my eyes to see a happy smile.

In front of me was a woman with long white hair and a sparkly crown on her head. Her eyes were like sapphires, similar to my right eye. And her smile shone brightly with her peach skin.

I almost felt like crying when I realized who this woman was.

She was my mother.

"My love," another voice said from the door, "Is Zurine awake?"

I looked over at the voice and saw a tall man with short white hair that barely brushed the back of his neck. His golden eyes held so much warmth and kindness.

This was my father.

"She's almost awake," my mother sighed as my father walked up to her side, "I swear, she inherited your stubbornness when it comes to waking up in the morning."

I yawned and sat up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes, but when I opened my eyes again, a perfect morning turned into a frightening nightmare.

I gasped and backed away from the cold and lifeless bodies of my parents.

Over and over I saw their assassinations. I couldn't stop crying as I watched the life fade from their eyes.

"Be a good girl." My father said as he passed away with a smile, regret and sadness filling his eyes as the light in them faded for good.

"Find strength and love." My mother said, grabbing my hand until it went limp.

I sobbed for what felt like hours.

"MAMA!!!!!!  PAPA!!!!!!!" I screamed.

I screamed and abruptly sat up, finding myself in my bed. Luna fell off my bed with a loud thump.

I breathed in and out as I called myself down. Luna purred and placed her head on my lap. Suddenly, the door opened. Allura, Coran and all the palidans came running into the room.

"Are you okay Zurine!?" Allura asked in a panic, sitting beside me and grabbing my hand.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, turning my head to see Keith looking at me with such concern, that it made me think about my father.

"I'm fine, everyone." I said, "Just a bad dream."

"We were worried when we heard you scream." Lance said, "Care to tell us about the dream?"

I shook my head no, and no one decided to press for answers.

"What happened to me Allura?" I asked.

"You collapsed due to energy loss," Allura said, "I told you not to use so much energy. You scared us half to death."

I looked down, "I'm sorry, I wanted to help."

"You've helped even more than any of us could've imagined." Keith said, "Just rest for a while longer."

As everyone left the room, I grabbed a hold of Keith's hand, pulling him back and making him stay.

"Keith," I pleaded, "Stay for a while longer, please." Keith was startled, but sniled and sat next to me.

He pulled close and lay my head on his warm chest. I smiled and fell back to sleep, listening to the soft beats of his heart.