The Dark One

I stood on the Atlas hand in hand with Keith as we flew through space. I was afraid for the journey ahead and what might happen to us all.

I was scared for what might happen.

I clenched Keith's hand tighter as ny anxiety green. He looked down at me and held my hand tighter.

"You okay?" He whispered. I looked up into his dark eyes and shook my head softly.

"I'm afraid for what might come during our journey." I answered, "I have a bad feeling about what might come."

Keith sighed and pulled me into his arms, holding me close but gently.

"It's gonna be okay, Zurine." He said into my hair, "We'll free the entire universe from the Galra and then we'll all go home."

I smiled into his chest, just enjoying the warmth of his arms around me.

"Hey, should we tell everyone about the engagement?" He suddenly asked, "I mean, Allura would definitely want to know about her little sister being engaged."

I chuckled and gently pushed away from Keith.

"I think it would be best to tell everyone. It would help raise our spirits." I said.

"Tell us what, Zurine?" Allura suddenly asked as she and the rest of our crew walked into the room.

The two of us turned around and smiled at our friends.

"All right, what's going on?" Pidge asked, "You guys have been extremely close since yesterday. I know you guys are a couple, but to be this close..."

I laughed softly and gently held my left hand in ny right, proudly showing off the ring Keith gave me the night before.

"Well, shouldn't an engaged couple be close?" I playfully asked.

Hunk, Allura, Coran and Pidge were shocked. Their eyes wide and their mouths agape in their shock.

"Wait, wait, wait... WHAT!?" Hunk and Pidge shouted at the same time.

"What are you talking about, Zurine?" Allura asked.

Keith wrapped his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to his side.

"It means what it means, Allura." Keith said, "I proposed before we left and she said yes."

There was silence for a moment, before there were cheers and happy chaos.

Allura quickly ran up to me, pulled me away from Keith and hugged me tightly.

"Zurine, this is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you!" She exclaimed happily.

"Dude, I never thought you would have the guts to propose." Hunk said as he lightly slapped Keith on the back.

"I did." Lance said smiling as he walked next to Allura.

"So did I." Shiro added.

"Wait, how did you and Lance know about this before we did? How did Keith propose? What did he say? Where did you guys have you date? SOMEBODY GIVE ME SOME ANSWERS!" Pidge shouted.

We all laughed at her sudden outburst and flurry of questions.

"Well, Keith talked to me and I noticed the ring box in his hand." Lance said.

"And I'm the one who helped pick out the ring." Shiro added.

"Ooh! Let ke see the ring!" Coran said as he pushed past everyone. He lifted up my left hand and saw the beautiful ring.