Hole in the Sky

We all sat in our seats on the command deck, watching the screen in front of us as the air an blared in our ears.

"What's going on?" Keith asked as we stared at the warning on the screen.

"Yeah, these have never gone off before." Pidge said.

I turned around and saw that Allura was completely paralyzed. It was as if she was frozen in place and her eyes were wide with shock.

"Allura, what is it?" Lance asked the shocked princess.

"Looks like you guys just saw a ghost." Hunk commented.

I stood up and walked around my seat to Allura's side. As I got a better look at the readings, I understood why they were so shocked.

It was a familiar code.

"That's just the thing. It's an old Altean distress code. One used by king Alfor's ships." Coran explained.

"Could it be? Are we not the last Alteans?" Allura asked with hope lacing her voice.

"Allura, we shouldn't be so hasty to follow this signal." I said.

"Zurine's right, what if someone's cloning the signal to try and lure us in?" Keith reasoned.

"The signal is from an Altean ship, and we're going to find it." Allura said as her hand pedestals rose from the floor.

Allura quickly created a wormhole and transported us to the coordinates of the distress signal.

Once we exited the wormhole, the entire sector was deserted, a few rocks and meteors sure, but there was one thing that really stood out...

A large white and yellow glowing hole in space, and a piece of an old ship stuck inside.

"That looks like a Tel-Galax exploration shuttle. One of my father's deep space vessels." Allura said as she observed the ship in the hole.

"Acoording to the ship's identification code, it's Commodore Trayling's ship." Coran informed us as he pulled up the ship indentification.

I rushed over to my seat and pulled up the shared information on the ship. Strange enough as it is, there were barely any records about it.

"I'm not getting any information on its mission of destination." I said.

"What happened to it?" Lance asked.

"Is it stuck in a wormhole?" Hunk followed.

"That's unlike any wormhole I've ever seen." Coran said.

"There's a mass amount of energy emanating from it, centered right where the ship is stuck." Pidge informed us.

"Zurine, can you feel anything strange from thia wormhole?" Keith asked.

I shook my head, "No, I only feel mixed energies. But nothing dark or twisted."

"We have to see if anyone is in there. They may need our help." Allura insisted.

"We can send a probe over to it, see if we can some idea of what this thing is?" Pidge suggested.

We agreed and sent a small probe in to check out this golden wormhole. Pidge and I monitored the probe's scanners.

"The energy shows no signs if radioactive decay and it's not thermal." Pidge said.

"It's not gravitational, our probe's steady on course and the light is radiating out l, not in, like it would a black hole." Hunk said.

"But out from where?" I said, lacing my fingers together under my chin.

"That energy signature, I know it." Coran said before exclaiming, "It's radiating quintessence!"