Lions' Pride, Part 1

The battle raged on as our lions, now psychicly linked to us, swooped doen and picked us up from the Galra ship. Before i took my place in the White Lion, I quickly but carefully handed Admiral Sanda to the crew upon the Atlas.

We took our places, me and formed Voltron. I smiled when I felt my lion merged with the mighty warrior.

"Welcome back to the fight, Paladins." Shiro said happily.

"Yeah, it's good to be back. You know, in our bodies." Hunk replied.

"MFE pilots, what's you status?"

"Power is dropping."

"Return to the Atlas and recharge."

"Copy that. We're on our way."

The MFE pilots rushed up through the upper atmosphere and landed inside the Atlas.

I sighed and turned my attention back to the upcoming fight. In an instant, Voltron lifted his arms to block the ongoing barrage of lasers being shot at both us and the Atlas.

Fighters aimed from the sides but Voltron acted fast and shot down multiple fighters with our laser.

We spun through space, aiming and hitting every fighter we could find shooting them down every time.

"Form sword!" Keith shouted. I pushed my power into the Red and Green Lions as they created the sword and rushed back into battle.

Voltron landed on one of the large cruisers and sliced the main laser in half before jumping off the ship as it exploded.

We floated proudly and without fear, our shoulder cannon aimed and ready to fire at the three other cruisers in the distance.

The cannon powered up with a little extra help from me fired with everything it had at the three cruisers.

The shot made contact with the first cruiser, we watched it explode into nothing as the shot was successful.

"Paladins, Commander Holt has figured out something." Shiro said through the comms.

"What is it, commander Holt?" I asked, "Is it about the Zariforge cannons?"

"Yes. I know what Sendak is going to do. He's going to converge the beams to make one massive amplified emission of particle radiation."

My eyes widened in fear when I heard Sendak's plan for the Earth.

"Is that even possible? Shiro asked.

"Yes. I know because I gave then the technology. When I was enslaved, the Galra had me working on particle emission amplification. I'm sending you thr Zaiforge cannons' movements."

Diagrams and pictures of predicted movements appeared on our screens.

"This is a simulation I've run based on their current trajectory. It leads to a single point in space. Once they're in position, their individual beams will,merge together, exponentially increasing their destructive force. It will be powerful enough to completely vaporize Earth."

"We can't let that happen. What do we do?" Hunk asked, fearing the impending destruction of Earth..

"Should we go after the Zaiforge cannons? The Lions might not be able to defeat them all in time." Allura suggested.

"If even two of those beams connect, they have the power to destroy Earth." Commander Holt clarified.

"We know they're being controlled by Sendak. Let's take him out." Keith said, thrusting his controls forward.