Chapter 3

Christina

The comfort of first class was lost to Christina. She envied those who were able to relax in luxury while traveling eight hours to England. Unfortunately, she was not one of those lucky ones. To her left was an incredibly lonely business man who continued to proposition her to join the mile-high club. On her right was a sweet grandmotherly woman who talked non-stop about her grandchildren in England and how her American daughter now thinks she's posh spice. In front of me was baby with the prettiest hazel eyes she'd ever seen. That was until she decided to scream bloody murder for at least two of the hours of the flight.

Eventually, the business man had enough vodka in him to help him doze on her shoulder. The baby wore herself out with her crying. Edna, the grandmother, decided to work on a crossword puzzle for a while. Blissful peace was finally upon her but all she could think about was her lost job, her sick uncle and her shrinking bank account. Being unable to even nap, Christina put her ear buds in and found an audio book that could help take her to another world. A world where men were heroes, women were strong and brave, and every story had a happy ending.

When they finally landed and made it through customs, she had to weave her way through the expansive airport to find the baggage claim area. It had been so long since she had travelled that she'd forgotten how crowded and confusing airports could be. She finally found her way to the correct carousel making certain to stay away from the handsy businessman. With her headphones still in she wasn't paying close enough attention and found Mr. Handsy standing next to her in a blink. Though she tried to ignore him he continued to pressure her.

"Come on, hotness. Come with me to my hotel and we can do what we couldn't in the plane." He winked in a completely sleazy way.

Pulling out her headphones she gave him a tight smile. "No thank you. I am waiting for someone."

Christina saw her bag on the carousel and went to grab it. Mr. Mile-High grabbed it before she could. "Now you owe me baby. Come back to my hotel."

"Give me my bag before I call security."

"Don't be a bitch. I know you want me. What's wrong with a little fun?" He reached out to touch her, but before his hand landed on her a large hand grabbed his and he made a loud keening sound.

"I believe she said no. Now, keep your bloody hands to yourself before I have to rip them off and beat you with them." Said a gruff voice.

Christina looked at the man who saved her. He was practically a giant. He was over six feet tall with broad shoulders. The muscles in his arms bulged underneath his shirt as he tensed. His face looked familiar though. His auburn hair and hazel eyes with a devilish glint gave me a sense of déjà vu. While Christine was looking at this stranger he continued to punish the businessman.

"I didn't mean anything by it buddy. You can't blame me she was flirting with me during the whole trip."

"Wha-"

"I don't bloody care if she sat on your lap naked. She said no then you fucking listen. If I ever see you again, I will rip your bollocks off. Do you understand me, buddy?" The last part was purposely said with an imitation American accent.

"I get it. Just let me go." Handsy McMile-high finally wiggled free from the hulk and grabbed his suitcase. "Bitch" he said under his breath.

When her protector went to grab for him again, Christina pulled on his arm and said, "He's not worth it. Thank you for stepping in."

Her stranger looked at her and gave her a devilish smile. "You don't recognize me, do you?"

Christina stepped back and squinted at the brute in front of her. It struck like lightning. "Dexter?"