Chapter 7

Finley

Fuck.

"Good. Now you can come back in, Finney." Jillian said caressing Finley's bicep. Shrugging her off, Finley walked back into the pub and right up to the bar.

"Ollie! Give me a whiskey." Finley sighed and leaned against the bar. He looked around the bar and watched his teammates talking to other wenches.

Finley had always enjoyed the wenches after a match. It was a great way to burn off the excess adrenaline he had left over. Tonight, had been different though. None of them drew his attention like Christina. When she pointed to him while talking to the Scott brothers he saw just how stunning she was. She wasn't made up and fake. He could tell she was real. A real woman who wasn't after his money, fame or cock was something he hadn't met in a long time. Now, he'd fucked it up by letting Jillian trick him into that stupid closet. Who was he kidding? He knew what she was doing but he didn't know why he let it happen. Sighing, Finley swigged the whisky and motioned for another.

"Planning on getting pissed?" Ollie said handing him another whisky

"Not sure yet."

"Saw you go chasing after that chit. What's going on there?"

"I don't know, Ollie."

"Better hope Dex doesn't find out you are the reason she left." Ollie walked away filling another customer drink order.

"Finney." Jillian whined next to him.

Rolling his eyes, Finley looked at Jillian. "Better find someone else tonight, love. I'm not good company."

Finley walked over toward, Liam Scott. He was sitting at a table with his arm slung around one of the pretty girls around him. Laughing Liam looked and saw him striding toward his table. He spoke to his table mates and got up meeting Finley halfway to the table.

"Looks like you got something on your mind, Wilson."

"I need your help with something." Finley said.

"Dex is going to go crazy if this is what I think it's about or should I say who."

"I don't give a toss what Dex thinks. Will you help me, Liam?"

Liam stood staring at Finley. He glanced back at his table then moved toward the loo. When they found a quieter spot Liam spun and shoved Finley against the wall with his forearm against his throat.

"I don't know what you are playing at Finley. I don't know what you want with Christina or why you are even doing this. What I do know is that I will end you if you hurt her. You may be the captain of our team, but you know I am hands down the strongest fucker on the team. You need to convince me to help you. Make me understand why you want her when you've only ever wanted the wenches that are around here. Don't fuck around." Liam let him go and took a step back.

Finley bent forward catching his breath. "Fuck you. Liam. That wasn't necessary."

Crossing his arms in front of him, Liam stared. "Yes, it was. Now, convince me, Wilson."

"Fine. I don't know why Christina pulls me. I do know that none of the Wyvern Wenches have ever had as much pull as she had in the few moments I have spent with her. All I want is to get to know her better. I can't guarantee anything, but I fucked up. I want to fix it." Finley finished with a shrug.

Liam continued to stare at him. "Be at my house for a run at 6am."

Liam walked back toward the table he had abandoned only a few minutes earlier. Walking toward the exit, Finley waved his regards to Ollie and saw Jillian had her claws in another gullible teammate. An image of Christina ran through his mind. Her shoulder length hair, light blue eyes and curvy body would be staying with him through the night. The nights chilly air hit him and cleared his whisky addled brain. What did he just agree to with Liam Scott?