Chapter 27

Christina

"Come on, Christina. Let's do some shots." Imogen pulled her over to the bar.

"As long as it isn't tequila." Ruby said from next to her. "Christina can't hold her tequila."

Rolling her eyes, Christina took a sip of the pint she was holding. "Are we really getting this crazy tonight?"

Imogen looked like she'd just kicked her puppy. "Of course we have to. My parents have Bella, Wyverns are moving onto the Championships and it's the weekend. How many more excuses do you need?"

"I agree with Imogen." Ruby said.

"Alright. I'm not getting trashed though. I want to remember the stupid things you're gonna do."

Cheering erupted around them. The players made their way into the bar for the post game party. The Wyvern Wenches swarmed like bees to honey. As the players wove through the crowd women and some men ran hands the players. Christina looked at Ruby when a particularly frisky wench clamped onto Dex. He tried to extricate himself but she was like a suction cup Garfield and he was the window. Ruby's face turned red. She turned away from the scene took the shot and started flirting with the guy next to her. Christina shook her head.

"Heya, dove." Strong arms snaked around her waist and a sexy deep voice spoke in her ear.

"Hi." Christina turned around in his arms.

"Did you enjoy the game?" He leaned in and kissed her nose.

"Yes, but I have a bone to pick with you first."

He smirked and waved his hands in a bring it on motion.

"Why didn't you tell me you got Bertie's dad leave to visit him at the game?"

"I wasn't necessarily trying to keep it from you, but I wasn't sure I'd be able to pull it off. I didn't want you to be disappointed if I couldn't do it."

"What you pulled off was greater than anything anyone could have imagined. How did you do it?"

His sexy grin made an appearance. "My da still has connections in the military. He pulled a few strings and got leave for those parents."

"Your dad is clearly a miracle worker."

"I agree." Came a deep voice behind Finley.

Finley turned and smiled. "Christina Scott, can I introduce you to my da, Robert Wilson, my mum, Jana Wilson and my sister, Kate."

"Nice to meet you, love." Robert Wilson said extending his hand.

"It's about time we got to meet the girl you've been mooning over for months." His sister said.

Finley blushed. "Shut it, squirt."

"Whatever, Fin. You've been a pain in the arse about her. I'm just glad you finally got this all sorted. Nice to meet you, Christina."

"I know that's right." Came Ruby's affirmation of his sister. "The two of them have been nothing but a pain dancing around each other."

"I like her." Kate said.

Christina just shook her head at the two. "This is my best friend, Ruby." Ruby and Kate began chattering together at the bar. Very much ignoring the guy Ruby was using to get Dex jealous.

Looking at Finley, Christina laughed at his red face.

"It's good to see you again, Christina. I'm sorry for our ill-behaved children." His mother said.