Chapter 33

Christina

Work was the best part of her week. Paparazzi and news outlets knew not to contact her there. In the weeks after her first interviews, many a photographer was thrown off of the property. Things had calmed down since. Christina worried how this would impact the charities she worked closely with. That was a non-issue. In fact, she had been contacted by more than one charity for battered women, sexual assault support for survivors and many more. She was busier than ever.

"Magda." Christina called through her intercom.

"Yes."

"Could you bring me the request form from my cousin?"

"Which one?"

"There is more than one?"

"Yes. Both Dex and Liam filled out interest forms."

"Bring them both here, please."

"I'll be right there."

Christina organized the folders on her desk. She was in the final stages of connecting Dex with a charity but if Liam was interested in something similar she could set them up together. Getting lost in her thoughts with plans for upcoming events, Christina realized Magda hadn't come in with the information sheets yet. Sighing Christina walked out to the hall where Magda sat.

"Magda what –"Christina stopped and saw a few of the other assistants standing around Magda's desk.

They all straightened when she came near.

"Magda, what is all this?"

"Um. I think you should see this." Magda turned her computer monitor toward her and pressed play.

"This just in, Garrett Reeve has been released from the Chicago Bombers. The team released him amid over 15 allegations of sexual misconduct. This was precipitated by the first allegation made by Christina Scott. Her detailed allegations of assault shocked the world. Giving other women who had experiences with Garrett Reeve the courage to stand up. Garrett Reeve was not available for comment and neither was his representative with S.E.M management. This will be a story we continue to follow as more accusers come forward every day."

Pictures of her and multiple other women filled the screen. The video cut off and she felt numb. There were others. She always knew there were but to see them validated her decision to come forward. Magda handed her a tissue.

"What is this for?"

"You're crying." Christina lifted a hand to her face and felt the wet tracks. She smiled and used the tissue to wipe away her tears.

"Thank you, Magda. Now, I need those sheets please."

***

"How do you feel about the news, Ms. Scott?"

"Do you feel responsible for getting Garrett Reeve fired?"

"Do you have anything to say to the fans who will be devastated their chance at winning the championship has been taken away from them?"

"Has anyone for Garrett Reeve contacted you?"

"How close are you with the other women?"

Each question felt like taking a bullet. Rapid fire questions, from paparazzi, waiting outside her apartment building for her to exit. Finley pushed his way through the group. His anger was palpable, but it didn't stop any of the reporters or photographers from being in their faces.

They followed them to Finley's car. Once inside the car, they both took deep breaths. Finley laid on the horn and sped out of the parking lot. Christina was shaking and fought to control herself.