Chapter 25

Finley

His week away from Christina was a test of strength. Finley called every day. The more they talked the more his feelings grew. He was falling in love with her, if he wasn't already. Rory, his roommate on away trips, teased him mercilessly. Constantly making kissing noises while he was on the phone. It got so bad he started talking to her in the loo. None of that mattered. His father was right. Your heart decided for you no matter the length of time.

Finley worried that getting involved with Christina would mess with his game. Dex's drama with Ruby was throwing his game off. The team couldn't handle it happening to him too. Between Dex, Liam and Finley, the team struggled to win matches. Thankfully during the last month, the team found their footing again. The Wyvern's had become unstoppable. Finley knew that his time away from Christina helped his game. However, his life was better with her in it.

The date he had planned for them was simple. He just wanted time with her. Getting ready in the locker room after an easy practice and team meeting his mind wandering. Someone threw a towel at his head drawing his attention to the wanker who threw it at him.

"Taking Christina out tonight?" Rory asked.

Finley threw the towel back at him. "Yeah."

A sad smiled crossed his face. "I'm happy for you two."

"Thanks, mate. Any plans for tonight?"

"Maybe just a night at home with video games." Rory shrugged.

"Why don't you go out with the guys?"

"We have a big match tomorrow. Those wankers think getting their rocks off is a good luck charm. I'm not into that."

"I bet the right woman would do that for you." Finley shoved him with is shoulder.

"Yeah, well, I don't think she's out there."

"Hmmm...do you mean she's not available?"

Rory blushed. "I don't know what you're talking about. I'm out. I will see you tomorrow. Tell Christina I said hiya."

Finley nodded, grabbed his duffle and left the locker room.

***

Finley sat with his arm around Christina as they watched tv. Having her with him like that was the best part of his day....week...month....year. She seemed nervous when he'd picked her up. In her blue and silver sweater, ass hugging jeans with boots had him stumbling over his tongue. She was still covering her hair with a bandana hiding her missing hair. Christina's eyes sparkled when she'd taken him in. It made him rock hard to see she wanted him.

Finley attempted to say hello to Ruby, but Christina pulled him out the door before he could. There was clearly something going on there. Ruby stared at him from the couch when they left. Her irritation obvious, but with whom he was unsure. Christina shrugged off any question about Ruby's anger.

Finley took her to his grandparents pub. The moment they stepped through the door his gran was there in an instant. She pulled them each into a hug. Barraging them with question about how Christina was doing and feeling. Christina answered all of the questions with a smile.

His gran sat them in the same booth as their lunch date weeks ago. Over stew and a few pints, Finley's gran told Christina all about his dirty deeds as a youngster. Christina laughed and smiled more than he'd seen since Garrett tried to destroy her life. He was in awe of her beauty every time she laughed.

As dinner came to a close they were forced to promise to come back to see his grandparents. The left hand and hand walking the short distance to his flat. Christina took in his flat with an appraising eye. He prided himself on being frugal with his money. He saved his money for the cars he bought. The large television and video game systems took up most of the living room area. The kitchen and dining area were clean containing just the basics to survive. It wasn't the small extravagances that drew Christina's attention. Family pictures lined one wall. He watched as she studied the pictures. Pictures of his parents, grandparents, sister and friends floated along the wall. It was the picture of him as a young boy wearing his da's uniform cap that had her smiling the brightest.

"Are these your parents and sister?" she asked.

"Yes. It was during one of my da's leaves. We had taken a trip to Edinburgh."

"How long was your dad in the military?"

"About twenty years. He got injured in his last tour of duty and decided he'd had enough."

"Is he ok?" She asked looking at him.

Finley walked over to the couch and sat down. "His group got hit by an IED. He was thrown from the Humvee. He took some shrapnel in his abdomen and his arm was almost blown off. They were able to save his arm and remove the shrapnel, but he lost a lot of movement."

Christina sat next to him on the couch and faced him. "I'm sorry to hear about your dad."

Finley smiled. "He would tell you as long as he can hold his girl any time he wants then life is good."

"I like that." Christina said.

"Do you?"

"Yes." She blushed and looked away.

Clearing his throat, Finley asked, "Do you want to watch a movie?"

Christina leaned into his body as they watched the movie. Her warmth felt so good all he could think about was what she'd feel like even closer. Her sniffling brought him out of his erotic day dreaming. Tears flowed down Christina's face. He was alarmed until he saw there was a character in the hospital on the screen. A blush crossed his cheeks when he realized he hadn't known what was going on in the movie.

"You ok?" he whispered.

Sniffling, she leaned away from him and wiped her eyes. "Yes. It's just such a sad movie."

"Yeah."

She squinted her eyes at him. "Were you even watching the movie?"

"Of course."

"Bullshit. Why is that person in the hospital?"

He looked at the screen and scrambled for a possible reason. "Uh...cancer?"

"Lucky guess." She huffed.

He laughed and pulled her to him. "I like this."

"What? Not watching a movie with me?" She tried not to smile but failed miserably.

"Just being with you."

"How do you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Distract me by being sweet."

"It's a gift."

Finley gazed at Christina. She licked her lips. He followed the movement of her tongue across her lips. Leaning in he was only a breath away from her lips when he stopped. He looked into her eyes for permission. Her nod was all it took. His lips gently met hers. A thrill shot down to his cock. Pulling her closer he deepened the kiss. On a moan, their tongues tangled. Massaging her tongue with his he felt her hands slide up his arms and around his neck.

Taking his cues from her he broke the kiss and moved his mouth to her neck. The delightful moans and breathless coos signaled she was into this as much as he was. Her hands snaked under his shirt and up his chest. He forced himself to stay to safe zones with her. Kissing was all they were going to do. If his cock could talk it would have groaned at that thought. It strained painfully against his pants as the kissing heated up.

Finley gently pulled her hands away from his chest. He suppressed a groan as he watched her lick her lips. In her eyes was a passion equal to his. But, there was no way they were going to go any further than kissing. Her kiss swollen lips drew his gaze. If he didn't do something soon his cock was going to bust out of his pants.

"Why did you stop?" She asked.

"We need to stop."

"Why?"

"I don't want us to move too fast."

"Ok." She leaned away from him.

She squeaked when he grabbed her and pulled her back to where she was. Leaning in he whispered in her ear, "Don't get the wrong idea. I want you more than I think I've ever wanted anyone. But, I want you to be ready. When that day comes, believe me, nothing will be able to stop me."

She shuddered and relaxed into his hold. "Ok."