Chapter 14

Finley

Christina's perfume wafted over to Finley as he drove. The day was warm for the end of autumn. With the windows down, the wind blew her hair toward him and he could smell her shampoo. It took all of his will to keep his hands to himself. Since their last day together, all he could think about was her soft skin, sweet scent, beautiful smile and sassy attitude. It felt like he'd spent more times in the shower with his hand wrapped around his cock then outside of it. He wasn't sure he was going to be able to be friends with her. He wanted her like he'd never wanted anyone before.

"Are you hungry?" He broke the silence.

"Actually I am. I haven't had anything since breakfast today."

"I know just the place." He drove a bit further and parked in a parking garage down from his flat.

"I'm glad you mentioned food. Now, it feels like my stomach is trying to devour itself." She smiled walking with him toward a pub.

Finley held the door open for her. The smell of beer and fried food wafted toward them. He placed his hand on her lower back and guided her toward an open booth by the window. He didn't miss her stiffen when he touched her.

"What do they have good here?" She asked.

"Oh lass everything I serve is top notch." A grandfatherly man with a Irish brogue approached their table.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean anything." She blushed.

"Ignore him, Christina. He is a cantankerous old ass." Finley said.

"You would know son. We are blood after all." He grabbed Finley and hugged him.

"Christina, I want you to meet my grandfather, Finneas O'Leary."

Christina put her hand out to shake it but Finneas grabbed her into a bear hug. "You are a pretty one. Finley never brings his girls around. You must be a special one." Christina's mouth hung open like a fish out of water.

"We aren't...I mean...we are just friends." She stammered.

Finneas squinted at her and then looked at Finley. "Just friends? What are you playing at, Finley?"

"Nothing granda. We are just friends." Finley could tell that the old man didn't buy it for a minute. But, he shrugged anyway.

"I will go get you two some food and drink. Your granny is here today too, Finley. You picked a might fine day to bring your friend here." He smirked then quickly walked away.

"You brought me to your family's pub? Without warning?"

Finley shrugged. "Grandda makes the best food in England."

"He didn't even take our order. What is he going to bring us?"

"Be a little adventurous, dove. I guarantee you it will be the best food you've had while you've been here."

"Finley Wilson!" An older woman with a long braid walked over to the table wiping her hands on a dishtowel.

Finley got out of the booth and hugged the much shorter woman and swung her around. She giggled and smacked his shoulder. "Gran meet my friend, Christina. Christina meet my gran Siobhan O'Leary."

"Nice to meet you ma'am." Christina tried to shake her hand too and was pulled into another hug.

"You are a pretty one, dear. What is this friends non-sense?"

"Um...well..." Christina stammered again.

"Is it because he is a man-whore?" She turned and faced Finley, "I told you one day your bed hopping would bite you in the bum."