Chapter 37

Finley

It took everything Finley had not to kill Garrett Reeves. Sitting in the audience watching him auction off the woman he loved nearly killed him. She'd lost weight since the last time he saw her, but she still had the fire in her eyes. He thought she knew it was him when she looked at him.

When Detective Valient came to him two days ago, he was stunned. He had offered to help them with anything to find her. He didn't expect to be part of the mission to extract her.

"Mr. Wilson, we need to talk to you." Valient had shown up to Finley's apartment.

"Sure. Come in. Did you find Christina?" Finley rapid fired at the detective.

Sighing, Detective Valient looked at Finley. "This isn't normal, but I need someone strong to be in on the mission to extract Christina."

"Count me in." Finley said quickly.

"You don't even know what I am going to ask you to do."

"I don't care. If it gets my Christina back to me then I will do anything."

Valient nodded. "We had a tip from a very reliable source that Garrett is auctioning off Christina. He has been live feeding a video to prospective buyers."

Finley felt like he took a hit. His breath left him in a whoosh. "He's selling her?"

"We are getting her back."

"That son of a bitch. I'm gonna kill that fucking bastard." He said punching his wall.

"Now, I asked you Mr. Wilson to be part of this because you have been so level headed. Don't tell me you can't control yourself. "

Finley looked at his now bleeding hand. "I can control myself."

"Good. Now, we are rigging the auction. There won't be any men there that aren't mine, but we have to let it play out. In the end, you will be the winning bidder. Once she is with you our men will storm the place."

"Ok. Can I see the video that Garrett has been feeding out?"

"No. I don't think that would benefit you or anyone else."

Garrett flexed aching fist.

Two days later, Finley was seated in that godforsaken house. It was an abandoned manor house that barely had any amenities. The room they were directed to had a makeshift stage with a curtain. His heart beat so fast he thought it would beat out of his chest. The wait for his Christina to be in his arms was torment. When Garrett Reeve walked out onto the stage he saw red. He tasted blood from biting his cheek.

Finley didn't hear anything Garrett said. He just kept repeating one thing. Christina. Christina. Christina. Christina.

Repeating her name conjured images of her. Their day together in London. Their lunch at his grandparent's pub. Their first kiss in her office. The first time he saw her come apart in his arms. The more he focused on those the better he felt. Until he saw her.

***

Finley carried Christina out to the ambulance that pulled in with the rest of the police. They laid her on the stretcher and began to examine her. He pulled out his cell phone and texted Christina's family one group text.

Finley: I got her.

Responses were immediate.

Ruby: Is she ok?

Dex: Did they get him too?

Liam: I knew you would.

Imogen: Thank God

Valentina: My poor Corazon.

James: Thank you, son.

Finley: They are taking her to St. Andrew's Hospital. It looks like its just to check her out but they want to do it as a precaution. I will see you all there.

Finley watched as they dragged out a fighting and cursing Garrett. Behind him was a sad Melanie.

"I didn't do anything. It was all her plan." Garrett spat. "I'm just innocent here. My lawyers are going to crucify you. I hope all of you are ready to be burned."

Garrett continued to rant and rave as the cops put him in the car. He stopped for a moment when they made eye contact. Garrett smirked at Finley and blew him a kiss. Finley moved toward the police car when a strong hand gripped his shoulder.

"Don't even think about it." Valient said to him.

Taking a deep breath, Finley nodded.

"Why don't you go to the hospital? She will want to see you when she wakes up."

"Ok. Oh, I was wondering, who was your informant?"

Valient smiled. "Melanie."

Finley's eyes bugged and looked back at the retreating cars.