Chapter 35

Christina

Slap.

Slap.

Slap.

Christina jolted awake when the pain in her head exploded. She tried to move but her hands were handcuffed to the bed. She pulled on her restraints hoping they weren't very tight. Her vision was still blurry, but she could make out the person who had slapped her. Garrett Reeve. Sitting next to her with a smug smile on his face. He was dressed casually in jeans and a t-shirt. His relaxed posture looked like he was on vacation.

"Hello, sweetness." Christina cringed at his little nickname for her. "Glad you're finally awake. I was starting to worry we used too much chloroform." She watched as his eyes roamed over her body.

Shivering, Christina stretched her neck to see she was just in her bra and panties.

"What's going on, Garrett?"

"Well, sweetness, your little stunt has cost me a lot of money. Money that I desperately needed." He drew his fingers over her stomach. "So, to repay me you are going to go to the highest bidder. Lucky you, the auction isn't live yet, but they get to see the item they are bidding on early." He smirked. "If they pay."

Christina felt the blood drain from her face. "You are planning on selling me?"

Garrett stood and walked over to a camera sitting on a tripod. He pushed a button and a blinking red light flashed. He started taping her.

"HELP! HELP ME!" Christina screamed and tried to twist her body.

"Scream all you want. The volume isn't on. No one can hear you." Garrett smirked again. "You are mine now. No one is coming to help you."

Garrett walked toward the door, without looking back left her alone with the camera.

Hours went by with Christina alone with that blinking red light. She just kept silently crying and looking at the ceiling. The room she was in was little more than a closet. The walls were some sort of stone or cement. No window was seen, and the only door was the one that Garrett had used. It was just her, the cot she was handcuffed to and a toilet in the corner. Not to mention the damn camera with the maddening blinking red light.

The first couple hours Christina tried to figure out a way she could get out. She tried over and over again to get out of the cuffs but only managed to cut up her wrists. She knew it was bad when she felt blood running down her arms. When that failed, she started looking around the room. He was going to have to uncuff her at some point. She needed to have a plan when he finally did.

As more hours passed, Christina felt like her head was going to explode. No plan she thought of would work. She wasn't some super spy that could pull some elaborate stunt. Those only worked in books and movies. This wasn't a movie. Her hope started to fade.

Christina was lost in her thoughts when the door opened.

Melanie walked over to the camera and shut it off. "Are you ok?"

Christina just glared at her.

"You aren't going to talk to me?"

She just looked up at the ceiling to avoid Melanie's gaze.

"I suppose you shouldn't want to talk to me. But, I need to tell you I'm sorry. If I'd had a choice, I would never have been a part of all this." Melanie sat on the cot next to her.

"Are you fucking kidding me right now, Melanie? You always wanted Garrett. We all knew it. I know that's why you lied about me with Garrett to the management at S.E.M." Christina pulled at her cuffs. If only she could get her hands around her throat. "This is a whole new level for you Melanie. No matter your reasons you will be going to jail."