Chapter 36

Christina

Melanie came into her room carrying a dress. "Today is the day, Christina."

Christina's blood turned to ice. "What?"

"The auction happens in an hour." Melanie uncuffed her hands.

Her body started to shake. "I didn't really think this would actually happen."

Melanie wouldn't meet her eyes. She helped the weak Christina get the dress on. It was a halter dress that revealed more skin than it covered. Melanie leaned close to Christina to fasten the halter. "There will be help. I've done all I could." She whispered in Christina's ear.

"Wha-"

"Shhh. Now, don't fight me, Christina. Just get dressed. You can't fight this." Melanie said louder than necessary and gestured with her head toward the door.

"Ok." Christina decided she would just keep her mouth shut. Hope sprang in her belly. She didn't want to trust Melanie, but she realized that Melanie was just as much a prisoner as she.

Melanie led her by the hand to the hall outside the room. It was the first time she'd been outside the room in the two weeks she'd been held captive. The hall was dark and ominous. She heard voices, but none were very close. Melanie knew her way around with incredible ease. They wound their way through hallways that were labyrinthian. Stairwells wove them up to a floor that was much warmer than her room had been. Christina was temporarily blinded by a light and stumbled behind Melanie.

The grip Melanie had on her upper arm caused pain to shoot up her arm. Panic flared in her eyes and her breathing became more labored. Melanie looked nervous. Fear blanketed Christina. She followed Melanie to an area hidden by a curtain.

Garrett was there in a tux. When she approached, he looked at her under hooded eyes. Licking his lips, he clearly wished he'd done everything he'd threatened to do to her. The hunger of his appraisal had her shaking.

"Tonight, is the night sweetness. Melanie did good getting you ready to be shown off." He ran his hand along her arm and she jerked back. Grabbing her arm tightly, he whispered, "Behave or I will take you right now, to hell with keeping you clean for them."

Christina glared at him.

"Ok then. Let's get this party started." He started rubbing his hands together. "I think tonight is going to be very lucrative for me." He opened the curtain and walked in front.

"What's going on now?" Christina whispered to Melanie.

"Shh. Your buyers are out there. Each are masked. I guess the perverts don't want the other perverts to know who they are." Melanie looked out of the gap in the curtain. Then she muttered, "They better be here."

Garrett's voice rang out. "Welcome gentleman. We have quite the treasure up for grabs. Many of you had the chance to peruse the merchandise. She is a hell of a beauty and will make one of you lucky men a nice little slave. She is obedient with the right amount of pressure. So, without any further ado let me bring out your treasure. Here she is your Sweetness."

Garrett opened the curtain and pulled her out onto the makeshift stage.

Light shown at her. Her vision blinded for a moment. She squinted at the masked men. A sea of them sat in front of her. The men sat silently. Some licked their lips and rubbed their hands on their pants. She tried to see more of the men. However, her gaze was drawn to one in particular. He flexed his fist and his eyes were piercing. So very familiar.

Garretts voice brought her attention back to him. "Let's start the bidding at 500,00." A man in the front raised his hand. "550,00" Another hand raised. "600,00" There was a pause. Garrett furrowed his brow then smiled deviously. "Let's give you a better look at what your buying." He reached behind Christina and tugged on the halter making the top fall to her waist. Completely stunned Christina took a minute to cover her exposed breasts.

Garrett yanked her arms down. "Now, how about that 600,00" Two hands raised.

"That's more like it."

"650,000" A hand raised.

"700,00" Another hand.

Christina's vision started to blur with tears. Her eyes found the man she'd seen earlier but he was gone. Garrett's hand on her arm brought her back to him. "Going with 850,00." Pause. "Going once" Pause. "Going Twice." Pause. "Sold to you for 850,000. I guarantee you will enjoy your new slave." Garrett grabbed her arm and pulled her over to the man.

She crossed her arms over her exposed breasts. Defiantly, she looked at her buyer. It was the man who she'd seen earlier. Before she could say anything, a loud bang shook the room they were in.

Men in uniforms poured into the room. Masks were ripped off and badges pulled out. Her buyer yanked her out of the room. Christina began screaming. Outside of the room, her buyer pulled her to him and gave her his coat.

That caring action gave her pause. She looked up at him again. He ripped off his mask. Finley was standing in front of her.

Her relief crashed into her as her world went black.