Chapter 15

Christina

Garrett: Hello sweetness

Garrett: I'll be there soon. Just bought my ticket.

Christina felt the blood drain from her face. Her hands shook making her drop her phone. Before she could pick it up Finley was there grabbing if for her. A strange look crossed his face when he went to hand her phone back.

"Who is Garrett?" Finley growled.

"No one." Christina grabbed her phone but her hands were still shaking and she dropped it again. Picking it up quickly she marched out the doors of the pub.

"Christina, wait a minute." Finley grabbed her arm.

"Let go!" she snapped. He stepped back with his hands up away from his body.

"Ok. I'm sorry. What is wrong? Who is that?"

"It's none of your business. I think it's time for me to go home. I will just get a taxi." Christina walked toward the corner.

"Don't Christina. I can take you home. Please just let me."

Christina looked around and saw no available taxi. "Alright. Let's go."

Finley nodded his head and led her back to the parking garage where they'd left the car. Christina couldn't help but feel like someone was watching them. She turned her phone off and shoved it into her purse. Why would Garrett be coming here? How had he twisted things so far that he thought this was what she wanted? Christina felt her mind spinning while Finley drove her home. She was scared and angry and worried. Not knowing where to turn next she just wanted to be back at her aunt and uncle's house. Finally, Finley pulled up to curb outside of their house.

"Thank you, Finley." Christina rushed out of the car before he could say anything.

Running up the walk way and into the house she turned to see him standing next to his car. She watched him wait until he finally gave up, shook his head and left. Christina relaxed and walked up the stairs. Imogen was standing at the top of the steps with her hands on her hips glaring at her.

"What happened, Christina?" She asked descending the stairs.

"Nothing. Why would you think something happened?" Christina fidgeted with her purse in her hands.

"You look like you saw a ghost. I noticed you were out with the very hot Finley Wilson. So, what happened?"

Christina slid to the floor and put her head in her hands. "I don't know what to do, Imogen. He texted again. This time it really sounds like he's coming over here. How could he possibly know where I am?"

Imogen sat next to her and pulled her into a hug. "We need to tell Da. He will help. It will be ok. Plus, there is a surprise here for you. It should cheer you up. I put it on your bed."

"What surprise?"

"You have to go see. I am going to call Da and tell him we need to have a family meeting."

Christina got up off the floor and started up the stairs. Halfway up she stopped. "Wait...a family meeting?"

Imogen smiled and make a shooing motion with her hand.

Christina climbed the rest of the stairs and headed down the hallway. She saw that her bedroom door was ajar. Imogen probably just left it open when she put the package on her bed. Pushing the door open, Christina stepped through and saw the best surprise of her life. The brunette sitting on her bed was a sight for sore eyes. Her red t-shirt that said I'll try to be nicer if you try to be smarter and her leggings had sci-fi characters all over them