Chapter 39

Finley

Six Months Later

Sitting in the courtroom holding Christina's hand waiting for the verdict in Garrett Reeve's trial made him twitch. If it had been up to him, he would never have had a trial. Looking at his beautiful girlfriend made him strong. Her strength and determination astounded him over the past months.

Christina was determined to make sure Garrett never did anything to another woman. As information leaked about her ordeal other women started to come forward with stranger and stranger things that happened to them regarding Garrett. Accusations of assault, rape, kidnapping and so much more. Christina's was by far the worst situation, but Garrett got away with more than anyone had ever known because he was an American athlete.

"You ok?" Christina whispered to him.

"Me? Shouldn't I be asking you that, dove?"

She smiled with a twinkle in her eye. "I'm great. I just know he will never be free again."

Christina was right. Garrett was sentenced to 50 yrs. in a UK prison. When he was escorted back out of the courtroom he looked at Christina. Finley's hackles rose with the look he gave her. Without missing a beat, Christina lifted her chin and gave him a little wave. He mouthed some choice words and was pulled away to spend his years in prison.

Melanie cooperated with the courts to make sure he was put in jail. Her daughter was temporarily given to her parents while she served time for her parts in the kidnapping. Christina had hoped to get her a lighter sentence. She was more effected by this than anyone dealing with Garrett Reeve.

Pulling Christina close to him, Finley said, "Ready to go?"

"Absolutely. Let's go get a pint." She said in her best imitation of a British accent.

"Alright."

Finley and Christina arrived at the three rings not long after the sentencing. Ruby, Dex, Liam, Imogen and Rory were seated at a booth. Ruby saw them enter and waved them over.

"How did it go?" She asked when they sat with them.

"He will never hurt another woman." Christina smiled.

"Good. I'm glad that bastard got what he deserved."

"Alright. Enough about that tosser. Let's talk about how we are going to beat East London tomorrow." Dex said.

"God you're an ass." Ruby said snearing at him.

Dex grinned at her with a wink.

Dex, Liam, Rory and Finley talked rugby while the girls talked about whatever girls talk about. Finley had no clue how they could be so chatty. What he did know was the weight that was lifted off Christina's shoulders. Her smile brightened with every laugh. Seeing that was his goal in life. He needed to make sure he saw that for the rest of his life.

Christina saw him staring at her. "You ok?"

"Of course, dove." He smiled.

"You want to get out of here?" She said running her hand up his thigh.

His eyes bulged as his pants got tighter. "Now? We just got here."

"Yes, now. I want to celebrate with just you." She got up and grabbed her purse.

"Are you leaving now?" Imogen asked.

"Yep. You coming?" She asked Finley.

Ruby laughed. "Oh, I have no doubt he'll be coming." She laced her comment with innuendo.

"Ew." Dex said.

Liam laughed. "I've heard you say worse." He said to Dex.

"Yeah but she's our cousin. I don't want to imagine that."

Christina rolled her eyes and pulled Finley to his feet. She leaned close to his ear. "I need you now."

His arms snaked around her. "Are you sure?"

"More than sure. I'm tired of buying batteries." She winked and dragged him through the pub.