Chapter 13

Christina

Uncle James' office at Burrow's field was huge. The office was easily the size of her and Ruby's living room and kitchen put together. One wall was floor to ceiling windows. It looked out over the practice field. On the walls hung action shots of current and former Wyvern players. Several trophies were in a case that looked like they were shined to perfection. The huge mahogany desk had an organized chaos of papers on his desk. His laptop sat in the middle closed. Two incredibly comfortable looking chairs faced his desk. A matching love seat sat diagonally to the desk and two chairs.

Christina walked up to her smiling uncle and gave him a hug. She knew when she first asked him for help that he would. His face lit up with hope and excitement. His excitement was contagious. He waved her to sit down in one of the comfy chairs. She barely held back a moan when she sat down.

"Thank you for coming over today, Christina. I have something I'd like to talk to you about. "

"Of course, Uncle James. "

Before he could continue, the door to his office burst open. A man strode in carrying a stack of papers and mumbling to himself. Slamming the door behind him, he continued over to the love seat and took a seat. Christina looked at the harsh stranger. His hair was immaculately styled away from his handsome face. He had hazel eyes framed with long lashes. His aquiline nose gave him an air of nobility and his lips were pinched tight in a grimace. The well fitted charcoal suit fit his swimmer's body as if it were tailored for him. His shined to perfection shoes looked never before worn.

"Oh good. Glad you could make it, Simon. Christina I'd like you to meet Simon Smythe. Simon is our PR director." Simon glared at her.

"Of course, I would be here, James. You want to use nepotism to fill the newest position I designed and got approved. You are not going to hire someone who is not qualified just because they are related to you. At least you won't do that with my department." Simon crossed his arms in a huff.

"Pardon me but I have no idea what is going on here."

Simon narrowed his eyes at her. "Well, your Uncle James here wants to put you into the position of manager of non-profit/community-based activities."

Christina crinkled her brow in confusion. "Why would you think this is a good job for me?"

James smiled. "What the title doesn't say is that you would be in charge of managing the charitable time and activities that all the players are involved in. You would be helping to foster and manage new and existing relationships with charities and the player or players who work with them."

Christina felt butterflies in her stomach. Now, the job sounded right up her alley. "Wow. That sounds like a fantastic job with a lot of different opportunities."

"I think this would be a perfect fit for you." James smiled again. Simon huffed.

"Do you think you are even qualified for this position, Ms. Scott?"

"Yes, I do."

Over the next hour, Christina went through her entire resume. All her experience with S.E.M, her experience with charities, social media, public relations and especially wrangling giant man children, aka: famous athletes. She discussed with Simon and Uncle James the job, their expectations, her vision of the job and her past with athletes. Though it was difficult, Christina explained to Simon what happened with her previous job. When she was done telling her tale he sat in silence looking at her.

"I don't give a rat's ass what happened over there. You clearly have a fantastic background and would be the perfect fit. We don't have rules regarding fraternization with players. I do mind if fraternization hurts our relationship with any charities. Date who you want, screw who you want, marry who you want, but do not fuck up those non-profits. Got it."