Chapter 20

Christina

Christina arrived back at her flat after another lunch date with Finley. It had become an almost daily occurrence for them. For the past few weeks, Finley has come to her office kissed her senseless then taken her to lunch. They haven't gone on another date since the horrible Garrett incident but they were going to have a Netflix and chill night which she hoped ended with him in her bed.

Leaving work after her lunch date let her go home and prepare for some scandalous time with him. She needed to clean, shower, shave and get rid of Ruby for the evening. Opening the door to her apartment she didn't expect to see clothes strewn everywhere and no Ruby to be seen. But, the moaning coming from her bedroom indicated she wasn't working unless she had an entirely different job Christina didn't know about.

Christina made sure she shut the door loud enough that they heard it. Dropping her purse on the table, Christina set about picking up the strewn clothes. Something looked familiar about them. She placed them in a pile on the couch and went about cleaning up the kitchen.

"Oh. Your home early." Ruby said breathlessly. She was dressed in just a robe.

"Yep. So, I take it you are taking a break from work?" Christina said as she went back to washing dishes.

"Uh yeah. You kind of caught me."

"Who is it, Ruby?" Christina said wiping her hands on a dish towel.

"Um...uh."

Furrowing her brow, Christina crossed her arms and stared at her best friend. "What's going-"

"Ruby, love. Where did you-" Came a very familiar voice from the hallway.

"Dex?" Christina's eyes bugged out of her head.

Dex was dressed in just a sheet from Ruby's bed. "Uh. Hi, Christina."

"Christina, it's not what you think." Ruby stammered.

"So, Dex and you didn't just get finished doing the nasty?" Christina questioned.

"Well, we didn't finish." Dex smirked at Ruby.

Ruby blushed and looked at Dex. "Shut up you idiot."

"How long has this been going on?" Christina asked.

"Not long." Ruby said.

"A couple months." Dex said at the same time.

"Look, I don't care if you two are screwing. But, you two hate each other. For crying out loud, Ruby tasered you."

"I still don't really like him. But, your cousin has a pretty decent cock." Ruby said.

"Lalalalala...TMI, Ruby." Christina put her hands over her ears.

Dex laughed then looked seriously at Ruby. "Decent? You know its bloody fantastic."

"Ew...I think I just threw up in my mouth." Christina grimaced. "Well, this makes my request easier. You two can go out and let me have the apartment to myself tonight."

"Why do you need it to yourself?" Dex asked while adjusting the sheet knotted at his waist.

"None of your business, Dex."

"She wants alone time with Finley." Ruby explained.

"We can stay right here." Dex said insistently.

"Don't start with me, Dexter. I want to get laid tonight and I don't give a damn how you feel about Finley considering I just caught you playing hide the salami with my best friend."