Epilogue

Christina

Sitting on the porch of her Uncle James and Aunt Valentina's house she watched kids playing tag, playing in the sandbox and having a water gun fight with Dex, Liam and Jude. She smiled then took a moment to remember how she got here.

A month after Garrett's trial, the Wyvern's were in the playoffs again. Before the anthem she was called out onto the field for recognition for her work with the charities. Christina didn't expect to be followed out by Finley. He dropped to one knee and proposed to her. Her reaction became an internet sensation.

Their beautiful wedding was a quick six months later. A summer wedding in Chicago was all she'd wanted. However, they had to speed it up due to a little surprise they hadn't expected. Her dress hid the evidence of her pregnancy, but when it was announced at the reception both of their families were over the moon. Liam demanded he be the godfather and have him named after him. This resulted in a mini brawl between him and Dex. It was only broken up when Ruby brandished her taser. The two split faster than two cats getting sprayed with water.

Their beautiful little boy was born five months later. Connor Robert Wilson was born early, screaming his lungs out. He had his daddy's dark hair and eyes and his mum's loud mouth. Today, they celebrated his fifth birthday.

"Hello, dove." Finley bent and kissed his wife. He placed his hand over her distended belly.

"How is everything going?"

Finley sat in the chair next to her. "Just swimmingly."

"Uh huh."

Laughing he took her hand and kissed her palm. "Everything is set up. If only we could wrangle the kids."

"You mean Liam, Dex and Jude."

"Of course." He laughed.

"How is little man doing?"

"He is kicking up a storm. I think we may have a soccer player."

Finley groaned. "Don't say that, dove. One of my boys needs to play rugby."

Finley had retired from the Wyverns the previous year and now he headed up their recruitment. He was still in contact with Bertie. In fact, Bertie was a big prospect for the Wyverns. He'd become like another son. Coming over and practicing with Finley whenever he could. He was one of Connor's favorite people.

"Mum!" Connor whined.

"What bug?"

Connor rolled his eyes at her nickname. "Tell Selena to give me my truck back. She isn't playing with it correctly."

Christina looked over at the little girl with glasses. She was holding the truck like an airplane and "flew" it around. "Bug, I told you before you need to share. She isn't hurting anything. Let your cousin play with the truck. You have lots of other toys."

Connor huffed and marched back toward his uncles and Bertie, who'd just entered the water gun fight. Dex swiped up, Connor and held him in front of him like a human shield. Connor giggled and squealed as water hit them.

"Dex!" Finley marched off the porch toward the water gun fight. All guns turned toward him and unleashed a barrage of water.

Finley ran back to the porch and hid behind her chair. The group marched toward her.

Christina squinted her eyes. "Dexter, put my little bug down."

Dex put Connor down slowly and whispered something in his ear. Connor nodded and looked at his mum. Breaking out into a run he jumped on Christina soaking her with his wet clothing. "Ugh! Bug! Did Uncle Dex tell you to do that?" She asked. He nodded and hugged her hard around the neck.

"I love you mummy. This is the best birthday." He said in her neck. Then jumped down and began wrestling with some of his other cousins.

Christina pushed herself out of the chair and walked inside away from the ruckus.

"Everything ok, poppin?" Her dad asked.

"You're all wet. What happened?" Her Aunt Valentina asked.

"Your son happened."

She squinted at her. "Let's teach him a lesson."

Her parents, aunt and uncle all nodded together.

Minutes later, Christina waddled out the back door with the grandparents in tow.

"Connor, its cake time." She announced.

Children squealed and ran up to the porch encircling the cake.

Finley lit the candles, then everyone sang Happy Birthday to Connor.

While Finley cut and handed out cake, Christina moved to the back of the group with her cup in hand.

"No hard feelings, Christina." Dex said.

"Not at all." Christina smiled, took a step back and dumped her cup of ice and ice water down the back of his shirt.

"Fuck!" Dex yelled.

The grandparents came over and proceeded to do the same to him.

"Dexter! Language." His mother said and laughed at the now soaked and cold Dex.

"I would have thought you'd know better than to play a trick on a pregnant lady!" Ruby said. Then she dumped her cup on his head.

Dex yelled and marched into the house. Everyone was laughing at Dex's tantrum. The kids brandished the water guns shooting each other. The boys made the girls squeal then the girls threw mud balls at the boys.

Christina laughed at the scene in front of her.

"Happy?" Finley said winding his arms around her.

"I don't think I could ever be happier." She turned then kissed the most unexpected thing to ever happen to her.

***For more of my stories please visit my website:  jackiepaxsonauthor.com