☥Chapter 4☥

Chapter 4 Of American Gangster.

I got changed into my workout outfit and tied my hair up into a tight and high ponytail. I grabbed a water bottle from the kitchen and filled it up to the brink with fresh, cold water. I made my way over to the gym and closed the door so that my music wouldn't disturb anyone as the place was soundproof. I turned on a speaker and connected my phone to it using Bluetooth. I went on Spotify and scrolled through my playlist of songs, finally pressing on one I liked then turned on the volume and set it to high. I got on the treadmill and clipped the safety clip onto my sports bra.

I turned it on and started to walk, grabbing my water bottle and sipping it every once in a while. I then started to run on full speed once I had worked up to it and I inclined it so I could get more of a workout. I went back to walk as a cool down and sighed heavily, my mind still on Dante, Rocco and most importantly, Dante's gun. Why did he have it? Why did Rocco want him to around me? What the hell was going on? "Braeden!" Tyson whined loudly and I stopped the machine and turned the music down.

"Braeden!" Justin whined.

"Braeden!" Andrew whined.

"What?" I breathed loudly, catching my breath after everything I had done.

"Hi." They grinned and I rolled my eyes as I walked over to the punching bag.

"You're all so annoying. I hope you know that." I clenched my fists and unclenched then, trying to loosen them up a little and then started to punch the bag.

"That's rude." Tyson put his hand on his heart and tried his hardest to fake cry.

"You sound like a dying cat. Now, what do you idiots want?"

"We're sexy idiots." Andrew winked at me.

"I disagree. Seriously guys what do you want?"

"We're going to the strip club. Do you want to come or not?" Tyson finally said.

"I'd rather not see girls grinding on you guys so no." I shrugged.

"So that's a yes?" Justin teased.

"God no." I rolled my eyes. "Have fun!" I yelled as they walked away.

"We will!" They yelled back and we shared around laughs and snickers.

~~~~~

2 am.

I quietly walked downstairs and walked through the dark to grab a drink. I grabbed my glass from the side and filled it up halfway with water, chugging it down almost immediately. I sighed heavily and placed the glass in the washing up bowl. I was about to turn around when I felt someone breathing behind me and I froze in my tracks. That's when something dawned on me...I didn't have my gun, it was in my room.

I was about to run up to get it but the person grabbed my neck, pinning me forcefully to the wall and holding me hostage. I wiggled against them fruitlessly until I managed to free one of my arms and I used my left fist to punch them in the jaw, managing to quickly go behind them as they clicked their jaw back in place.

I jumped on their back and wrapped my arms around their neck, choking them with a headlock. They wiggled around, head butting me and I bit my tongue accidentally, the taste of blood invading my mouth almost instantly. I winced painfully and they grabbed my arms, throwing me over their body. I fell onto the floor with a loud bang that echoed throughout the kitchen and just before I could get up they firmly pinned me down.

"Who are you?" A man asked. His voice was deep and husky, almost mysterious. Chills smashed through my body as his grip tightened and I could feel and smell his minty breath hitting my face as he inhaled and exhaled. "I asked you a question." His voice became stronger and more demanding.

"The real question is, who the hell are you?" I tried pushing him off me but he wouldn't budge, he didn't even flinch. Who the hell was this man and why was he in my house?

"What the hell is going on here?" Dante asked, turning the kitchen light on, letting me finally see the man who was pinning me down and looking down at me. Oh lord...