☥Chapter 20☥

Chapter 20 Of American Gangsters.

Braeden's POV

"Who are you?" I asked as a man walked closer to me. I managed to turn the light on and I stared in shock. It was Andrew's dad.

"Remember how I told you I was going to kill you?" He grinned and took something out of his pocket. "Well, tonight's the night. I know I didn't give you a lot of notice but.." He walked closer to me and four other people came in the house. "Hold her down." He handed them all a knife. As they got closer I walked backwards and realisation dawned on me as the back of my feet touched the wall- I had nothing to protect me. His grin grew ear-to-ear and two of them pinned me against the wall whilst he walked closer to me. "It's going to be even more fun killing you. Your parents were boring to kill but you'll put up a fight. I just know it. They just gave up when I held the knife to their neck." He had a tone that sent my body trembling from the sickness of fear.

"I-" I growled.

"Shut up already." A girl rolled her eyes.

"Open her mouth." I closed it as he demanded and shook my head when they tried opening it. He then dragged the knife slowly down my elbow to my wrist and I kept my mouth shut, keeping quiet and not giving them the satisfaction to hear the scream that was going to come out. When he ran the knife over my stomach my mouth opened wide but nothing came out. The girl quickly inserted some drops down my throat and it started to burn almost instantly. "Where do you think you're going?" I tried moving when I saw the blood trickling down my arm and onto the floor, making a pool of my own blood around me.

"Everyone is going to know you killed me!" I growled and they pressed me back against the wall.

"Most people want you dead anyway, especially after killing my son." He chuckled and dragged the knife down from my elbow to my wrist on my other arm. "Everyone's going to think you killed yourself...When really you died by poison and also by blood loss." He laughed.

"You're more of a psychopath than I thought." I kept in the wince of pain I was going to let out. I pushed him off me and punched him, trying to run away afterwards but I didn't manage to because I slipped over my own blood. I looked up at the ceiling and groaned painfully and he grinned.

"Clean the blood on the floor. We're moving her to the bathroom and we're going to open her bottle of pills." He looked at the girl and she nodded. He picked me up and carried me up the stairs, dropping me onto the floor after we reached the bathroom. "Nighty night Braeden."

Felix's POV

"We're home Braeden!" Dante yelled and we looked at each other when we didn't hear a response.

"Braeden?!" Justin yelled.

"Nothing..." I murmured.

"I'll go check if she's asleep." Sophia smiled and ran upstairs. We didn't hear anything for a few minutes but we dashed upstairs when we heard her scream in alarm. "BRAEDEN!!!!!" She yelled and we rushed into the bathroom, staring in shock. Braeden's body was in a pool of her own blood and she had bottles of pills surrounding her body and I dropped on my knees whilst staring at her. I felt completely numb.

"Get up!" Dante growled at all of us and picked her up. "We need to take her to the hospital. Right now."

~~~~~

"How is she doing?" I asked the doctor.

"She's alive. We're trying to get her stabilised at the moment but it's a struggle." He exhaled. "She has cuts from her elbows to her wrists on both arms, that's where most of the blood was coming from but she also has a cut on her stomach, it wasn't that deep so we don't need to stitch it up, we can just use butterfly stitches and a bit of hospital glue. However, the other ones, unfortunately, aren't so lucky." He exhaled again. "We believe she was trying to commit suicide.."

"What?" My voice grew firm.

"Has she ever had a problem with depression?" The doctor asked us.

"Ages ago." Rocco huffed. "She got the whole lot when her parents died, nightmares, sleepless nights, depression and anxiety attacks."

"I see...When was her last anxiety attack?" He asked him and Rocco looked at Dante before looking back at the doctor.

"Today." Rocco finally said.

"What?" I asked, completely confused. She had an anxiety attack today? Why didn't I get told?

"Felix.." Justin sighed behind me.

"You guys knew?" I asked as the doctor walked away after writing everything down. "Why the hell didn't you tell me?"

"Because she doesn't want us to. She doesn't want to seem weak." Tyson said.

"She isn't weak!"

"I know, we tell her all the time. I'm sure she would have told you soon but..." He replied.

"I-"

"Just drop it for now...Yes?" Rocco interrupted and I nodded with a loud huff. "Good."

"I can't believe she.." Rhys sighed.

"I don't believe she did." Dante crossed his arms. "She would never do something like that."

"How do you know? She's been through so much, I'm honestly surprised she isn't really broken and damaged."

"She is. She just doesn't show it." Rocco looked away.

"I still don't believe she would do that though. She would have at least left a note behind with something funny on it." We laughed quietly and looked at each other with concern.

"I guess we'll find out soon." Justin sighed heavily.

"Yeah." Jack huffed.