☥Chapter 21☥

Chapter 21 Of American Gangster.

Lucas' POV

I walked through the hospital and walked into Braeden's room just like she told me to over the phone when she woke up. I walked up to her bed and shook her hand ever so slightly, her eyes fluttered open and she looked around the room then fixed her gaze on me.

"Thank you for coming.." She sounded drained, she looked pale and she looked lifeless.

"You're welcome. What do you need me to do?"

"I need you to bring me to one of my apartments. I need to escape this place.."

"What, why?"

"Because people are after me and I need people to think I'm dead. So what we need to do is cut a specific wire on the heart monitor. The heartbeat will be shown as rapid and then it will flatline so it's like I'm dead." She said casually.

"You look dead." I chuckled and a smile appeared on her face.

"Seriously Lucas."

"I know, I know." I took in a deep breath. "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes, I am one hundred percent sure Lucas. Once they think I'm dead, dress up into doctors clothes and bring me outside but make sure nobody sees. When my doctor asks where I am say another doctor brought me in to do finish my file." I laughed.

"That doesn't sound realistic at all. That never happens!"

"Oh well." She shrugged and I found the wire she was talking about.

"You ready?"

"Yes." She said and I cut the wire with the pocket knife she told me to bring. I ran outside and went into the changing rooms, got changed into some clothes and put a name tag on. I walked over to Braeden's doctor and called for help. He followed me into Braeden's room and stared in shock as her heart rate went down and down until it was beeping.

"Check her breathing." He said to me and I nodded, walking over to her and I made it look like I was checking. I looked at him with a sour expression and I shook my head whilst trying to stop the laugh that was going to come out from my mouth. "I'll go get the paperwork." He said calmly.

"I'll ring her family and friends." He nodded and walked out to go into his office. I quickly pulled off all the needles with plasters and stuff over the top off her and picked her up bridal style, making sure nobody was looking and I ran outside, placing her in the car. "Stay there," I said to her and she nodded. I ran inside again and walked back over to her room. The doctor looked at me and raised his eyebrows, wondering where on earth she was. "They've already took her to the morgue." It was a way better lie than the one Braeden told me to say and he believed it.

"You look tired...I'll get the paperwork done and you can go home." I smiled and nodded thankfully before walking off and back to the car.

"Plan worked." I grinned at her.

"Good."