☥Chapter 36☥

Chapter 39 Of American Gangster.

That Night...

Braeden's POV

I braided my frizzy hair so it was out of my face and applied some dark brown lipstick to change things up for a change. I put on my shoes and grabbed my gun then I was ready to go out on a mission.

"Let's go," I said to Carlos and Ricardo.

"Go where?"

"Go run a marathon. Where do you think we're going?"

"Rio's?" Ricardo asked and I nodded. They both looked at the outfits they were wearing and I folded my arms. I'm pretty sure I told them earlier to get ready for a mission tonight but they probably weren't listening.

"Be quick okay?" I sighed audibly and tapped my nails against the wall impatiently. They both ran upstairs and came down minutes later with appropriate clothing and I smiled when they opened the door and walked out.

"I'm getting used to you being here now." Carlos huffed as we got into Ricardo's car. I turned on the engine and checked my phone when I got a notification from Rio. "I'm still confused about how you don't freak out about being near a scary guy who's the leader of the Spanish mafia."

"He's more than that. People think that we're all just heartless criminals but we're not. We do have hearts like everyone else and if we choose to show them well then we can't blame anyone except ourselves for being vulnerable and people walking all over us. Being scary and cold-hearted means nobody can treat you like dirt because of course...They're intimidated by you." I shrugged.

"Nice speech." Carlos chuckled and I rolled my eyes and drove faster to the warehouse.

"Please don't crash my car," Ricardo whined.

"I'm not going to crash it, chill out." I sped up even more and drifted around the corner of the shop. I slowed down as the warehouse came into view and stopped.

~~~~~

"You got this," Rio said before I walked into the club.

"I've done a similar thing before. Of course I have." I smiled and pulled my skirt down a little before walking in. I made sure to glance around before I sat down and I crossed my legs as I looked up to the bartender.

"What can I get you?" He asked, his eyes lingering all over me.

"Your number and maybe something else will be fine." I grinned and heard Rio spit out his drink as they heard what I said through the earpiece.

"I'm on a shift." I raised my eyebrows and snickered.

"I don't think I've ever heard a man decline a lady on this type of offer before." I played down cash and cocked the side of my lip up.

"More."

"Excuse me?"

"More." He grinned and I rolled my eyes and placed down some more. He nodded at some guy and he took away the money and took his place in the bar. I took his hand and lead him out to the back where Rio, Carlos and Ricardo was.

"So what are you a male version of a prostitute?" I asked and he chortled.

"No, I just like money. That isn't a problem is it?" My back pressed against the wall and I folded my arms.

"No problem. I like my money too." I smirked.

"What's your name?" He asked. I blanked him and took his weapons off him and forced him to sit down by aiming my favourite gun at his head.

"I see you're using the gun I got you." Rio grinned and I nodded. A wide smile appeared on my face as the memory of him giving it to me played in my mind but I quickly stopped it when I realised we were in the middle of a mission.

I looked at both Carlos and Ricardo when they looked unsure of what was happening and pulled their hands so they were closer to me. "You guys okay?"

"Yeah, just getting used to all of this." They replied and I nodded.

~~~~~

"I don't like liars," Rio growled and kicked his chair back. I shifted in my chair and the guy's eyes travelled back to me and he watched me intently.

"Why are you here?" He asked. "Why don't you go to another club and pay for someone?"

"I don't need to pay to get people unlike you. It's quite sad honestly."

"You had to pay to get me." I stood up and walked over to him.

"No, I didn't. You owe my friend money and you didn't have enough so you asked me for a bit of money. I know guys like you and they wouldn't say no to a free hook up."

"You're cocky." He scoffed.

"Braeden Colt always is." I took a knife from the side and looked at him. "Can we have some privacy?"

"Just kill him, it's no use." Rio walked out and closed the door. I shifted towards the annoying guy and twirled the blade around his stomach.

"Where's the money?" I pressed the blade to his neck and growled.

"Y-You're Braeden Colt?" I pressed the blade harder against his neck and he gasped. "I don't have it. I don't make enough okay?" He cried out in fear.

"You know what happens to people who don't pay back in time?" I switched to my gun and pressed it to his temple. "They die."

"I-"

"You know what happens when people mess around with my friend?" I curled my finger around the trigger but didn't press it. "They die."

"I'm sorry. I'll get the money I promise-"

"You know what happens when people lie? They die." I pressed the trigger and his head tilted forward. I put down my gun and walked out, looking at everyone as they watched me in shock. "What?"

"You didn't even hesitate..." Ricardo replied.

"You can't hesitate in this business and anyway...Nobody messes with my friends and gets away with it." I tapped his chest and walked off.